So I was recently at my gramma's house helping her get her new computer set up and while she was doing some emailing, I started to play her old Giannini classical guitar and she said that becuase that was the best she has ever heard that guitar sound, I could have it. Now I know it is not a high-end guitar but it looks well made and seems like a decent model.

It is a Giannini AWN-90 serial number 9/648. I could not find a date on the guitar or the sticker inside and that's part of my question. Basically, I'm asking about the value of the guitar, the quality of the guitar (it's in good condition), and the age of the guitar.

Thanks!

Sorry about the poor quality images, they were taken with my webcam.

My Gear
Fender Player's Stratocaster
MXR 10-Band EQ
Blackstar HT-Dual
Moog MF-103 12-Stage Phaser
Boss ME-50
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by guitarded32 at Mar 18, 2009,
Maybe I could. I was mostly looking for a quick, easy response though instead of waiting for a while for a response from the company.
My Gear
MXR 10-Band EQ
Blackstar HT-Dual
Boss ME-50
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Valveking 112
I did a quick lookup and I cant find that model anywhere.

But if the other Giannini's are any indication, it was made around 1970-80, and its worth a couple hundred bucks.

But I really cant find thw AWN 90 model ANYWHERE, so you might wanna double check to make sure thats right
I took it to a store to get restrung because I know next to nothing about classical guitars and the guy there was excited to see that it was a Giannini. He said that Gianninis were pretty cheap but good quality instruments. It was made in Brazil back when they ahd an abundance of wood and whatnot.
My Gear
MXR 10-Band EQ
Blackstar HT-Dual
Boss ME-50
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Valveking 112
Honestly, avoid brand loyalty with classical guitars, it will only hold you back from taking some really nice instruments seriously.

If it looks good, and sounds good, then its good.