I need a song for this competition. It has to be 3 minutes. So far I like Plush by Stone Temple Pilots. I'm playing it acoustic. My vocal range is a little below that.

Just a question if anyone could find one around 3 minutes or less or maybe like 4 minutes with a solo or some forgettable (i can cut it down too) lyrics thats like 5 minutes?

I don't really have a low voice like Johnny Cash, I just have a lower voice than most grunge bands I like, which is kind of a problem.

I kind of want it to be just be and an acoustic guitar too. Plush doesn't really have a great intro on the acoustic. So maybe if I can find one that does?
yeah, but its not easy to go lower. like it would be really annoying to tune my whole guitar a step down.

edit:
also, it would sound weird to put a capo up on like the 7th fret.
Hey Rabbit by Fionn Regan.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
do Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, by John Mayer. It's got a good "bluesy" feel to it, chick'll dig it and if you program drums and bass, you could do the solos, too.

If you wanted to stick to the 90's theme, I kind'a dug The Freshman by the Verve Pipe when I was in Junior High. It'd be a neat song to play.

Or Pennyroyal Tea by Nirvana to keep with the "grudge" thing.

I mean, I could come up with a jillion suggestions, but I don't know what you want to play.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.