Hi everyone, i've been playing Electric guitar for about 5 years now and now i'm going give Acoustic a go, i'm not going to be spending lots of money on my first acoustic and i've found 2 guitars that are recommended for beginners.

Please take a look at them here..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=350176091774

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=400037664268

I'm leaning more towards the Fender
acoustic is fun to play, I enjoy it even though I don't own one and have only been playing about a year and a half.

Thing about it is it's not really a brand name deal. You have to actually play it to know if you will like it, and ebay is a hard place for you to do that. I would recommend going to your local guitar store and playing some both in your price range and out of your price range to get a feel for how they actually play, how they sound and how they sit in your lap as well.
Either one looks decent for a cheap guitar but let me tell you nothing is worse than a bad acoustic. I could get by on a cheap electric squire but I can't stand cheap acoustics. They feel big and clunky and overall they're not very easy or enjoyable to play. I also prefer an acoustic with a cutaway. I'm sure that affects the tone a bit but oh well I like to reach the higher notes easy. I would spend a little more just to get a more enjoyable experience with an acoustic.
Try em at your local store and see which you like better
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
i'd say out of those get the Maestro, but it's true that usually when buying an acoustic it's better to actually try it out, you need to see how it feels in your hands and how the sound is.
Ok, i'll try and get to a music store and try some guitars out. Thanks for the help everyone.
I think the acoustic guitar its all about tone. you have to try it first because theres a lot of difference between one and the other. its not like an electric that you can "modify" the sound.
i prefer gibson just based on sound quality and it also looks better than the fender
Is Brahner a good brand? I've never heard of them, do they specialize in acoustic?
godin actually makes some decent cheap acoustics. My acoustic weapon of choice is alvarez
Quote by Awooga Alex
Is Brahner a good brand? I've never heard of them, do they specialize in acoustic?

Never heard of them. Maestro by Gibson is low quality, and Fender is not known for having amazing acoustics. I would say maybe an Ibanez like this:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-V200S-Solid-Top-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=514520
sorry it's in US currency.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
I wouldn't really recommend either of those... or the Ibanez guitars that some others have recommended.

Check out the best guitars under $300 thread stickied at the top of the forum. Every guitar in that thread is a MUCH better option than anything I've seen in this thread. I understand that you look immediately to Gibson and Fender since you have been playing electric guitar for five years... but let me welcome you to the acoustic world and let you in on a little secret... just because a company makes good electric guitars does not mean they will make good acoustic guitars, and actually it's usually quite the opposite.
Quote by twistudriffer
godin actually makes some decent cheap acoustics. My acoustic weapon of choice is alvarez

They actually have a number of different acoustic lines...seagull, Art and Luthier, others that escape me. I play them a lot in guitar stores and think they kill everyone for performance per dollar. The only way to beat them (in my opinion) is to go used.

jack
07 Ernie Ball Axis
04 Ernie Ball Axis Supersport MM90
04 Ernie Ball Sub 1
06 Godin Exit 22
69 Guild Studio 302
06 mim Telecaster
2000 Ovation S771 Balladeer
97 Stratocaster mim
2005 Stratocaster mim
99 squier strat
07 Ernie Ball Albert Lee
Quote by jimtaka
I wouldn't really recommend either of those... or the Ibanez guitars that some others have recommended.

Check out the best guitars under $300 thread stickied at the top of the forum. Every guitar in that thread is a MUCH better option than anything I've seen in this thread. I understand that you look immediately to Gibson and Fender since you have been playing electric guitar for five years... but let me welcome you to the acoustic world and let you in on a little secret... just because a company makes good electric guitars does not mean they will make good acoustic guitars, and actually it's usually quite the opposite.

This This This This This This This This This This This This This This
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray