I want to know if UG thinks the same as this Dip**** I know.
They were a glam band for a little bit, but that was before they were ever famous. And they were mostly against glam metal.
GnR was definitely not a hair metal band. They had a glam phase where they dressed up slightly hair metal-ish, but hair metal refers to a genre of music, not a clothing style. And GnR doesn't make hair metal music.

tldr; No
Did they have hair?
Did they play metal?
If you answered yes to both those questions, then the answer is yes - they were a hair metal band.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I still don't completely understand what hair metal means. If it's used to describe bands that had over the top hair, then 95% of the bands back then were hair metal.
Quote by strat0blaster
Did they have hair?
Did they play metal?
If you answered yes to both those questions, then the answer is yes - they were a hair metal band.

Ok then,
Slayer is a hair metal band
Metallica is A Hair metal band
Children of Bodom is hair metal band
Your logic fails
Quote by Ebucra
Ok then,
Slayer is a hair metal band
Metallica is A Hair metal band
Children of Bodom is hair metal band
Your logic fails

You just failed to notice a joke
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
You just failed to notice a joke

na, i just felt like being an ass
As always, some bands blur the lines between genres. Axl did have hair a la douchebag on occasion (appropriate no?) but overall I don't think the band's image or music really fit.

Poison, Warrant, Twisted Sister, Cinderalla, the Crue, etc on the other hand...
Quote by Ebucra
na, i just felt like being an ass

Well, instead of being an ass, you just ended up looking like one.

And you didn't intend it to be fecetious - you thought I was serious, and this was your attempt at covering it up.

Tsk tsk.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I actually just heard something about how Slash used to be really huge into hair metal and hit motley shows, before Guns n' Roses was anything, and there is a part in The Dirt that references Axl showing up at a Motley party and being totally Denied...but G n' R themselves only ever even looked vaguely hair metall-y in that Welcome to the Jungle video and I blame Axl for that
there music didnt suck, so no there werent a hair metal band.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
No. But they had long hair and played metal. It's debatable.
"We weren’t too ambitious when we started out. We just wanted to be the biggest thing that ever walked the planet."
-- Steven Tyler
i think their first album was, and their carrer in general until the 95 disolution, because hair metal bands play the style of welcome the jungle, etc. (apetite for destruction in general) style, this bands always did heavy songs and did a power ballad per album, well, guns did tons of power ballads in the use your illution saga, they dressed hair metal-ish also, so yes, i think they partly belonged to this great genre
Quote by Crazylegs11
Never, GNR is not a hair band.

Guns N Roses came at a time where hair metal was getting terrible, GNR brought the nasty hard rock edge back.
...why did you bump this... 5 years later...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!