So I am having a party on friday and I would like some program that can play music pretty much without me having to run back and forth changing the song while simultaneously keep people from vomiting in my closet.

I thought to myself, who listens to music and/or parties the most? Guitarists!
and who would know the most about music software? UG forum!

So here is my ideal solution, but any suggestions are appreciated:

- Allow me to preselect multiple sets of songs, either in a specific list or just shuffled randomly, ie. Hard rock for early in the night, more poppy music as the party ramps up, and bob marley/sublime only after 2AM
- Allow people to wander up and change the song to what they want to hear out of my library
- After playing all the 'requests' is done, go back to whatever of my pre-set lists was playing
- Do all this without being too complicated for drunk people to figure out, preferably full screen
- Optionally play some sweet visualizations on my 2nd monitor

I have windows and linux available, aaaaand Go!
well....if you have itunes the newest version has itunes dj which could do what you want, or...club dj pro is a pretty good program for that too, I don't really know too much about this but I hope those suggestions help lol
best i can think is to use itunes... use genius to get simliar songs together and save the playlists
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ

Michael Kelly Patriot Ltd.

Spector N20004

Michael Kelly V65 Acoustic

Vintage 1965 Fender Bassman Stack

Crate GFX1200H On a Behringer Bass Cab

Orange Fund: $48
iTunes playlists can do this. Also, I have UltraMixer and DJ 1800, which seem able to do this too (but are kinda failish for anything else).

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Vadrae21
well....if you have itunes the newest version has itunes dj which could do what you want, or...club dj pro is a pretty good program for that too, I don't really know too much about this but I hope those suggestions help lol

Woah, what's this I hear about iTunes having a DJ program? Or are you referring to Party Shuffle?

Edit: just downloaded the latest iTunes update. Looks like they just renamed Party Shuffle.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Last edited by TheIceCreamMan at Mar 18, 2009,