I'm a student at Bayshore music center, good friends with the manager(Edd)

He said that a New Marshall Tube amp is being developed right now
They come in 40watt and 100 watt and it's inexpensive
He said comes out june or july

Being made in India

If you know more about it, just post =)
I'm pretty sure that they're making their entry into the inexpensive tube amp market. They'll probably rival the Valveking, Bugeras, etc.
OMG...Hybrid MGs!!!
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
hybrid MGs?! lets hope not. we dont need anymore MGs
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
What? This is the first I'm hearing of such a product. Are you sure it's not a hybrid? Because they discontinued the AVTs.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Ten bucks says it's an MG with a preamp tube or two.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
man people hate the MG here on UG. i haven't played one so i couldn't tell ya. though i have played an AVT and thought it was horrid. it was being played with one of those cheap BC Rich Bich guitars with the body art of a chick's ass in a g string. i wanted to cut off my ears. made my frontman sound like a million bucks though. marshall should just stick to the high end stuff.
it'll be interesting to see how this turns out...perhaps marshall will begin to redeem themselves for the failure of the MG
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Quote by wyldeshredder
it'll be interesting to see how this turns out...perhaps marshall will begin to redeem themselves for the failure of the MG

They did redeem themselves; it's called the Vintage Modern.
Quote by Mike!
They did redeem themselves; it's called the Vintage Modern.

i dont like it
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by wyldeshredder

Saying an MG is a failure is like saying the Chevy Cavalier/Cobalt is a failure. Total crap, but you sure see a lot of them. I would say they probably (like any budget minded product line really) are one of the major bread winners for Marshall.

I'm really not shocked the AVTs were dropped. The newer ones had gotten too processed sounding, and hybrid amps are obsolete now when you can build a whole tube amp in China for the same price. Makes more sense as tubes are more marketable anyway.
Come on think if it;s really awesome though. Maybe they'll make something from the ground up.

price it at 650 comes with a vintage 30. Channel 1 = MG clean (or in other words it'll sucks kind of) Channel two will be JCM800 like

I think I would buy that over a windsor it's even got the real name on it for close to the same price
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Mike!
Speaking of new Marshall amps...

<3 the Jam.

On topic: what if it is some sort of Marshall-branded Tiny Terror?
OR maybe a Traynor YCV50blue or something ALOT like it, that would be awesome
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by joe_k
man people hate the MG here on UG. i haven't played one so i couldn't tell ya. though i have played an AVT and thought it was horrid. it was being played with one of those cheap BC Rich Bich guitars with the body art of a chick's ass in a g string. i wanted to cut off my ears. made my frontman sound like a million bucks though. marshall should just stick to the high end stuff.

Trust me the MG's are awful. The clean's are sub par and the OD sounds really digital...sounds like a fuzzy noisy channel which you have little control over. The reverbs pretty shotty too. Not to mention a lot of them don't even have a mid control...the have contour instead? not exactly sure what the dif is but whateva....the things sound horrible.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by Say Ocean
Who cares. It'll be the same thing they always put out. Same voicing as always, attempting to add more gain and knobs and switches.

yeah but if it sounds like a good or even only decent marshall and its really cheap i'm gonna want one
Marshall are the kind of brand that turn off half of the guitar world and lather the other half into an irrational fervour despite the MG and other failures.

Point is, if they make something, people will buy it. If they make something decent, people will buy it more.

I have a hunch this may just be the new AVT though. If it's more like the old Valvestates (which I like very much), I'll probably like it if not buy it.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by colin617

On topic: what if it is some sort of Marshall-branded Tiny Terror?

That would be interesting.
As long as it has a Marshall badge on it, it will sell. They could make an amp that sounds like plugging your guitar into a boat motor and people will drool over it.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
I hope it isn't a hybrid. They do tube amps so well, i wish they'd stick to higher end gear instead of trying to make cheap crappy amps like the MG.
Quote by zeek7pc
As long as it has a Marshall badge on it, it will sell. They could make an amp that sounds like plugging your guitar into a boat motor and people will drool over it.

Also known as the MG...
Quote by Diamond Dave
yeah but if it sounds like a good or even only decent marshall and its really cheap i'm gonna want one

Marshall doesn't put anything out that's really cheap and good. If it sounds too good to be true with marshall, it is. Really cheap = AVT or MG, both of which suck.
Quote by Say Ocean
Marshall doesn't put anything out that's really cheap and good. If it sounds too good to be true with marshall, it is. Really cheap = AVT or MG, both of which suck.

The High end MG's/AVT's weren't even cheap. That's the bad thing.
If you want a good Marshall, you almost have to get an older one. Thats what I did. Couldnt be happier

Id love to see them bring back quality amps, but it doesnt seem to be heading in that direction...
Quote by The Clerk
Also known as the MG...

Well, boat motors can produce rather CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by joeymaxx
The High end MG's/AVT's weren't even cheap. That's the bad thing.

There's no such thing as a high end MG/AVT... unless you mean higher wattage. But that's not what high end means, there are high end low watt boutique amps .

If it's a mid seriers, does it mean it's a mg???

i'm ot sure but i don't think it's gonna be a MG