black and white frankenstrat

the tape didnt stay on all the way and white got on the stripes but no big deal were are going to touch it up with model paint and a brush

i used like 2 coats of primer and sanded it smooth and about 4 coats of black, striped it and then about 4 coats of white, it seems like there isnt that much paint on it did i do enough coats? i used spray paint from advance auto.

were going to touch it up and then clear coat it
hopefully it looks good when its done
it looks ok but it was my first ever guitar project

pr0nz will come when its finished

heres what it was before...

only one i have of it before
its a strat knock off beginner guitar
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Nothing new....
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"
i figured i'd keep this in the same thread i made

ok so i have this pup from a b.c. rich(humbucker) bronze series and i want to wire it straight to the volume pot to the input jack is there any diagrams out there for this?

i know how to wire things in cars from diagrams and stuff
but i got a little confused about this because its not going to the pickup selecter switch
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by NGMF-Sam
i figured i'd keep this in the same thread i made

ok so i have this pup from a b.c. rich(humbucker) bronze series and i want to wire it straight to the volume pot to the input jack is there any diagrams out there for this?

i know how to wire things in cars from diagrams and stuff
but i got a little confused about this because its not going to the pickup selecter switch

Wiring thread:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019006
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
Thank you for posting this, looks really cool a Rosewood neck. I'm making one for a friend, w the new EVH Fstn pkup, and I'm gonna do chain strap... Somehow. Kudos
Quote by Khriss Bliss
Thank you for posting this, looks really cool a Rosewood neck. I'm making one for a friend, w the new EVH Fstn pkup, and I'm gonna do chain strap... Somehow. Kudos

OMFG 2nd Necrobumb today

EDIT: seriously though stop bumping threads this old. When i was new here i did it and it got me a warning.
Last edited by salgala2000 at Aug 24, 2010,
I like that. It looks good, and I usually don't like the way one pickup guitars look. I need to try making a VH replica sometime. The ones they sell are way to expensive, and you get to have the fun of building it yourself.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
and now u gotta mate it with this amp.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6231707/SLE_Rev1.1_082310_VH3.mp3

haha jk.

i only heard/seen a red/white/black one and the yellow/black/white one... did he ever use a just black/white one on stage?and do u plan to cut the pickguard so that the plastic only covers the control routing and leave the pickups just glued onto the body? sexy job dude.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard