I'm thinking about getting a wah pedal to play some RHCP stuff and probably more. I haven't done much research on wah pedals but I was wondering if you guys can help me choose one. I heard mixed reviews about the dunlop crybaby wah pedals and thats pretty much all I researched. So I need some guitar advice here.
If you're going to be playing RHCP (low to midgain) check the Vox V847 wah. If you want something for low to high gain, the Dunlop 535Q is decent for its price range... otherwise check out a RMC Teese Wizard wah or Fulltone Clyde.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
If you have a lot of spare cash (like, $500) look on eBay for an Ibanez WH-10, because that's what Froosh uses.

If you don't, a Vox V847 is probably what you want.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
a V847 is very wallet friendly, but i've never felt it does john's wah justice. needs more harsh-ness/sweep to it. so, if you dont mind modding it, the V847 would get great.

if you have the monies, then an RMC/Teese wah or a fulltone (as mentioned above) would be great choices.
man those fulltone wah's are expensive. wah is so hard to recommend because it is so subjective. the crybaby 535Q is pretty good and i enjoyed the jimi hendrix signature crybaby. as always keep the V847 in mind.
Quote by luyano
i read that Frusciante used for Stadium Arcadium a Dimebag Wah

Only on a few high-gain parts

Anyway, other than getting a real Ibanez WH-10, which are damn near impossible to find, and cost a fortune when you do, go for a Wilson Ten Spot or Ten Spot II. They are clones of the original WH-10 wah and sound exactly the same, but are made of metal and have true bypass. The Ten Spot is a clone of the Black version of the WH-10 and the Ten Spot II is a clone of the original Gray version. Froosh has used both Gray and black WH-10s over the years, but he uses the Gray ones more. a Ten Spot is about $165 and the Ten Spot II is $180
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by DeltaFunk
Only on a few high-gain parts

Anyway, other than getting a real Ibanez WH-10, which are damn near impossible to find, and cost a fortune when you do, go for a Wilson Ten Spot or Ten Spot II. They are clones of the original WH-10 wah and sound exactly the same, but are made of metal and have true bypass. The Ten Spot is a clone of the Black version of the WH-10 and the Ten Spot II is a clone of the original Gray version. Froosh has used both Gray and black WH-10s over the years, but he uses the Gray ones more. a Ten Spot is about $165 and the Ten Spot II is $180

wow thx for the info man. I knew John used the ibanez wh-10 just that i didn't know there was a clone. im gonna probably try to get that soon. The Wilson copy really does sound like the original Ibanez WH-10.
I've got the Morley Bas Horsey II and it's all I could ever need in a wah. Being able to adjust the "contour" settings and turn them on or off is really cool, two Wah's in one without having to bend down to change settings. Plus none of that annoying "always nasal as hell when it's turned on ****". Big plus.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Quote by rockman1994
wow thx for the info man. I knew John used the ibanez wh-10 just that i didn't know there was a clone. im gonna probably try to get that soon. The Wilson copy really does sound like the original Ibanez WH-10.

No prob man, they are the best clones out there, I'm saving up for one myself, got to get a new amp first tho.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk