ok, so ive been posting alot of threads lately (sorry) but im gettin kinda pissed at ym upright, cuz its finally fixed and better, and i CANT get a good tone out of the fricken thing. its REALLY pissing me off. i want it to sound liek an acoustic upright, i use an Ampeg BA-115, plz help, i worked FOR AN HOUR on it and got NOWHERE
Try adding more delay.
If you want an upright tone exactly then buy an acoustic bass amp. Your ampeg is coloring your tone like no other.
Quote by Greenday389
If you want an upright tone exactly then buy an acoustic bass amp. Your ampeg is coloring your tone like no other.

not in a good way either.

AB50 could do ya on a budget.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
The AB50 isn't actually very different from a small(tiny) PA system. It's meant more to replicate the instrument's tone, which actually would make it decent for an upright.

AFAIK though, Acoustic Image(yes, different company) has the clearest tones of anything. I play through one at my instructor's house, and it's the only amp I've ever played on that I could really tell the difference between me B string(steel, round) and the other four(half-round).
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Mar 19, 2009,
I would go with an amo designed for upright. Both Acoustic and Acoustic Image are good for upright, as are some of the SWRs. Seeing as you have an electric as well, I would take the opportunity to upgrade from the Ampeg, to something thatll work for both. Markbass might also be worth a try.
With upright you want the natural tone to be amplified, and thats not what the Ampeg will do, it will add the Ampeg tone, which is great, but not for upright. You'd want a more transparent rig.
Attendez la creme!
"Harry dear, its an inaminate object"

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!"
You're not going to get a good tone out of a solidbody instrument with a piezo pickup. Sorry. Especially if the bass is under $3500.

If I can't get a good tone out of my EQ-of-doom SWR SM-900 and Mesa 212, it's just never going to happen. I think EUBs under that price range are simply there to get the feel of playing upright for an easy transition to the real thing- not to be played seriously.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Yes I agree with you.
I have what is literally the most bottom end EUB on the market.
It does not and will never sound like an acoustic, Fact.

However, depending on the style of music you play, that doesn't necessarily make it a disadvantage.
I personally think it has a wonderful tone, much better than my Bass guitars... but then again I didn't buy it to sound like an acoustic.
I agree - it doesn't feed back! Aha!

But it also doesn't go WHOMP when you hit a string, either. It doesn't have that percussive GOOOOOM, which is the whole point, isn't it? I mean you can HEAR it go GOOOOOM, but you can't feel it go GOOOOM.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..