After wasting many many hours searching for a free mp3 to midi converter, i turn to the pit for help. Where can i get one?? Thats free. Cheers!
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
Um...you can't. Audio is physical soundwaves and MIDI is data signal. Technology is not advanced enough yet to analyze a piece of sound and convert it into MIDI. That's why you can't find any on Google.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
You can't. Midi's and MP3's are way different. You can get some really, really ****ty ones, but nope. Your not gonna find any.
-J
Oh. ****ty is ok i guess....its just for powertab thats all.
Quote by element4433

Quote by Seref
Actually, there is one audio to midi converter: You.

Better get to work, bitch.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Hmm. Ok next stupid question: how do you make midi files? Because i own a few midi filed songs but dont know how they were made.
Quote by element4433

Quote by Seref
Quote by METAL_MAN135
Hmm. Ok next stupid question: how do you make midi files? Because i own a few midi filed songs but dont know how they were made.

Midi files can be made with pretty much any notation software. Guitar Pro. Finale Notepad. Whateva else there is.
Quote by METAL_MAN135

There are several ways to make/manipulate a MIDI file.

The most popular and professional way is to use a sequencer, which is a type of program that is specifically made to handle MIDI. In a sequencer, you enter data in a sequence and it plays back the sequence and can be exported/saved.

You can also use notation programs such as PowerTab or Sibelius to export the notation data as MIDI.

The first and most foremost thing you need to understand about MIDI is that it is nothing more than digital instructions (on's and off's, 1's and 0's) to tell a program what to do.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Mar 19, 2009,
so there is no way that it can be done FREELY?
Quote by element4433

Quote by Seref
Quote by METAL_MAN135
so there is no way that it can be done FREELY?

Yes...freely...as in you doing it for yourself...for free. Like masturbating. Unless you pay yourself for that, in which case, nevermind.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Survivalism
There are none. Which is mostly why you couldn't find any.

I beg to differ I own an mp3 to midi converter on my computor, not a lie, it's a demo version tho, I'm trying to torrent a full version
Most songs are available in Guitar Pro format, it doesn't convert mp3s but people have made an effort to get the notes.

It is almost impossible to get software to convert mp3 to midi. Your best bet would be to get powertabs (free) or guitar pro (50 dollars I think it is). And search on a guitar tabs site like, oh, I dunno...I really can't think of one right now .
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Cheesemaster
I beg to differ I own an mp3 to midi converter on my computor, not a lie, it's a demo version tho, I'm trying to torrent a full version

This is like one of those "Complete this survey and get a free iPhone!" things. You will never complete the survey.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by entity0009
Most songs are available in Guitar Pro format, it doesn't convert mp3s but people have made an effort to get the notes.

It is almost impossible to get software to convert mp3 to midi. Your best bet would be to get powertabs (free) or guitar pro (50 dollars I think it is). And search on a guitar tabs site like, oh, I dunno...I really can't think of one right now .

bolded statement is full of sh*t I googled specifically "mp3 to midi converter" and got my answers don't believe me:

viola

Quote by Cheesemaster
*misleading picture*

Trust me, they either don't work or are misleading. Most of them are MIDI to mobile ringtone converters, which are perfectly do-able.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Trust me, they either don't work or are misleading. Most of them are MIDI to mobile ringtone converters, which are perfectly do-able.

misleading my ass I downloaded that program and it works, sounds like **** cuz it's all on 1 track but I only needed it to convert some piano songs into midi
Quote by Cheesemaster
misleading my ass I downloaded that program and it works, sounds like **** cuz it's all on 1 track but I only needed it to convert some piano songs into midi

Doesn't matter if it's on one track or a million tracks. It would still sound like **** because we haven't been able to write a program that has a level of musical interpretation that is accurate. A few developers only recently created programs that can discern between the different voices of a chord, reaching a slight degree of polyphonic recognition. What makes you think these generic programs from search engines and sketchy aggregate sites can accurately interpret a full scale, polyphonic recording and turn it into MIDI when they're cheaper and older than the recent developments?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Mar 19, 2009,
Quote by Xiaoxi
Um...you can't. Audio is physical soundwaves and MIDI is data signal. Technology is not advanced enough yet to analyze a piece of sound and convert it into MIDI. That's why you can't find any on Google.

actually there are a couple, but they aren't very accurate, and also the Roland MIDI pickups work by analyzing audio and converting it to MIDI.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
the Roland MIDI pickups work by analyzing audio and converting it to MIDI.

Yea, but that's different. It's assigning an isolated pitch on each string. He's talking about a recording, most likely with differing instruments and voices.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
well like I said, there are programs that try to do that, they usually fail terribly, but they do exist.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
well like I said, there are programs that try to do that, they usually fail terribly, but they do exist.
Failing horribly...might as well just not exist.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana