Hi, I have tried searching multiple times on this specific issue, but I haven't been able to find any help, so I decided to start a topic. My main issue here is that recently I bought a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR at Guitar Center (with an Original Floyd Rose). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a tremolo arm for it at the store, so I had to resort to buying one off eBay (it was supposedly an Original Floyd Rose arm).

The tremolo works fine; it does its job and I can twist it around 360 degrees as much as I want. However, when I let go of the bar, it just stays where it is. I know this is what a lot of people want, but I want the bar to be able to drop enough so it won't be in my way after I let go of it.

The amount that I screw the tremolo arm in makes no difference; I could put the arm in without screwing it in at all and it still won't be any looser. Because of this I'm thinking that the bar itself that goes inside the bridge is too thick. Also looking at some more FR arms online I found that mine looks a bit different than many others that I have seen.

I notice that mine cuts off directly at the end like this (the vertical lines represent the screw):
______
|||.........|
|||.........|
|||_____|

And the pictures of others looks like this:
______
|||.........\
|||..........|
|||_____/

I hope the pictures look decent enough to make sense :/ ...

I have no idea if this makes any difference, but I was just wondering what to do about my situation. Should I just dish out a couple more bucks and buy another arm and hope it will be looser? Any advice would be greatly appreciated (sorry for the long post, by the way). Thanks!
I'd say go to your local guitar shop *guitar center if its yours closest one* and see if they have any extra floyd bars in stock. If they do, ask them if you can try it out on your guitar *you should bring it in the store with you* and see if they work any better. If none fit right, then maybe its the tremelo itself?
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
wd-40
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by SlashYourFug
Mine does the same thing. You just have to push it out of the way. It'll seem tedious at first, but soon enough you'll do it without even noticing.

horrible

a trem arm should never be stationary unless you have it that tight

um

Btw a Floyd rose Arm shouldnt have any treads on the bar itself
it should have a little piece that screws onto the actually body of the Tremolo
like a strat's trem actually screws into the Tremolo
the Floyd arm has a little bolt like thing on it that screws onto it
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Wow, thanks for all the replies! I guess it looks like I need to get a new arm.

Btw a Floyd rose Arm shouldnt have any treads on the bar itself it should have a little piece that screws onto the actually body of the Tremolo like a strat's trem actually screws into the Tremolo the Floyd arm has a little bolt like thing on it that screws onto it

Yeah I think mine has that but I just did a very poor job of describing it. Anyway it probably is a faulty arm...

Lesson: Don't buy replacement parts off ebay when you can get them easily at stewmac.com or allparts.com

Lesson learned . I didn't even think of Stewart-MacDonald. It's kinda sad that the first place I thought of was eBay. I guess I was just too desperate to get one. I'll probably end up ordering one from stewmac.com, unless anyone has any objections to that. Anyway, thank you very much for the very useful (and quick) help!
Quote by nallenray

Lesson learned . I didn't even think of Stewart-MacDonald. It's kinda sad that the first place I thought of was eBay. I guess I was just too desperate to get one. I'll probably end up ordering one from stewmac.com, unless anyone has any objections to that. Anyway, thank you very much for the very useful (and quick) help!

I bought this http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Floyd_Rose_tremolos_and_parts/1/Tremolo_Arm_for_Floyd_Rose_Locking_Tremolo/Specs.html#details when i broke the bushing on my peavy LFR and it works like a charm.