www.myspace.com/bloodofthecosmos

It's so hard to find other people who are into Metal these days.

If you wouldn't mind going over what thought of each song, then that would be amazing. Either way, your feedback is appreciated.
Is it self-produced (i.e one of you has a home studio)? I think the music isn't bad but the production is very DIY and amateur, no offence to the producer. Could do with a lot of EQ work, and some compression perhaps (it's also quite quiet for a mastered track) and the drums are very... flat? Kick drum is horrid, and the snare could do with more high-end and some reverb. The guitars are also very tinny, and the mids are scooped too much in my opinion.

But as I said, that is the producer's fault - from what I've heard the music is good and no real major problems with that I just hope you didn't pay for that at a recording studio, because I've done better recordings of mates' bands for free and I'm only a first-year sound engineer!

Edit: By the way, the third comment down on your myspace page... ignore that guy's comment there, he sounds like a bit of a dick unless he's a friend joking about
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Mar 19, 2009,
I agree with Disarm, the whole mix lacks a lot of dynamics. From what i can feel, the drums should be a little more in your face instead of being so far back in the mix. It also seems like its a little too quiet.
Quote by BotC
www.myspace.com/bloodofthecosmos

It's so hard to find other people who are into Metal these days.

If you wouldn't mind going over what thought of each song, then that would be amazing. Either way, your feedback is appreciated.

I don't mind the music but the singer, I mean, come on! It's like, OK, I can't sing so I'll talk and try to sound like a demon or some ****. Lame. I really don't like the music either, it's just dead sounding. There's no feeling or emothion in it whatsoever.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio EMG 81/85

Amp:
Roland Cube 30

Pedals:
Boss DD-7
Boss ML-2
Boss OS-2
Boss NS-2
Ibanez TS-9
sounds like ****.

whoever told you it was a 'studio' lied.

this is what it sounds like & how I picture it in my head...you had a computer mic and your vocalist was closer to it so the drums/guitars didn't overpower him.
I've had a similar set-up. Don't worry.

I even made a picture.

We'd make great pets.
I would suggest tweaking the overall guitar tone. There's not much clarity in what I'm hearing, but this also has a lot to do with the recording in general. The next major improvement would be to mic the entire drum kit and bring it forward some. It's all crash coming out of my speakers. I have the impression that there was only one microphone placed in front of the kit somewhere, or the montyburns method was applied.
Do-over. If you multi-tracked the drums then you need some compression and overall better balance on the kit. Kick needs major work, sounds like someone's hitting a pillow and the hi-hat is very shrill. The balance of the track is completely off with the "main" guitar totally taking over the sonic space, the vocals don't really sit in the mix, and the backing is sludgy and flat. The singer is barely OK, at times he sounds a bit like an evil incarnation of Yoda. And to my ears something sounds out of tune. The engineer/"producer"/mixer needs a little bit of help. So start over, I actually suggest recording it all over again, and do better.