Ever heard an R&B, hip hop, or rap song? I'm sure you all have.

Ever dug any of them? I too can say that I have felt the vibe from a few songs outside of our standard genres -- some that I even must admit, the artists have true talent.

I could not think of a sub-forum to start this discussion in, so it'll get dumped in the pit for all to see.

I'm assuming you have a guitar and a voice. Some may be lacking of one, others may be lacking of both. If you lack a voice, imagine someone else is doing the singing for you (true in my case, though I do not lack a voice -- it's heard in the soulful melodies coming from my six-string).

What are some R&B, Hip-Hop, and Rap songs you want to see done in our kind of style?
The hell? R&B to your hands? That makes no sense. My mind is blown.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I didn't understand a lot of that post.

And I will say "Forgive Them Father" by Lauren Hill because the words are...

Deep.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by Xiaoxi

My job is done.

Quote by BUSTEDlip8
this thread sucks

Yes. Yes it does.
Quote by crzywhiteboy

God...

I wish people would friggen tell you what you're looking at.
I hate having to click links to find out.

(Unrelated to the song though, which is a'ight)
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Lauren Hill - Forgive them Father
I'm not digging it so much; the lyrics though, I do dig.

Jedi Mind Tricks - The Worst
Honestly, I could not see transforming this into a guitar-worthy song unless it's slowed down a lot. If i could think up a good beat to go along with it, it may work. The beat it's got isn't too bad, those chimey-like things have potential.
Quote by Xiaoxi

Not the only thing that got blown that night
Quote by BUSTEDlip8
this thread sucks

Not the only thing that sucked that night.

Anywayz, on topic, I have never felt RnB vibes but once I liked a techno song.
🙈 🙉 🙊
No,R&B like Chris Brown and all that is the most pathetic excuse at music I have ever heard and all artists with in it should be killed. Old school 60s R&B, thats fine, present day? **** that.
Ever heard an R&B, hip hop, or rap song? I'm sure you all have.

Ever dug any of them? I too can say that I have felt the vibe from a few songs outside of our standard genres -- some that I even must admit, the artists have true talent.

I could not think of a sub-forum to start this discussion in, so it'll get dumped in the pit for all to see.

I'm assuming you have a guitar and a voice. Some may be lacking of one, others may be lacking of both. If you lack a voice, imagine someone else is doing the singing for you (true in my case, though I do not lack a voice -- it's heard in the soulful melodies coming from my six-string).

What are some R&B, Hip-Hop, and Rap songs you want to see done in our kind of style?

Excuse me?
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Less mainstream (by todays standard) and older rap and hip hop are cool.
The slightly dirtier version of pop labeled as 'R n B' today usually is pretty cringeworthy in my opinion.
I liked early 90's R&B like Tone, Tone, Toni and Jodeci. I hate most rap made after 2000 with a few exceptions.

Unless done with an acoustic guitar most rap and R&B does not translate well to rock. The only rap songs that I can think of that translated well to a rock style are Chasing the Dragon by Ill Bill and Rock Superstar by Cypress Hill.