I've been playing a Fender DG-7 for several months, and I've just about outgrown it. My problem is that I don't know where to go next. I don't have a specific budget, but I'm not gonna spend like a grand or anything close to that. I just need to be pointed in the right direction. I know what I like but I don't have enough experience with other guitars to know what to look for. I want some straight-forward advise before I walk into GC and get suckered in to something that's not right for me.

Thanks,
Seth.
Go to a guitar store and play as many guitars as you can find. Ignore the name on the headstock and just play and play until you find one you want to play for a long time. If you narrow it down to a couple then go online and read some reviews about reliability and what not to make sure you're getting your moneys worth. Don't worry about what they say and let your own ears guide you, don't feel rushed or pressured and just find what feels best. There is no must have brand or brand to stay away from.
Ok so are Takamines good?

Haha. I'm just kidding. Thanks though. That does help. The thing is, when I started playing, this guitar sounded good to me. I don't want to buy something that will sound good now, but I'll later outgrow.
My bad if this counts as bumping, but I want to say this. I was just in Flynn's Guitar Center, the only guitar place in my hillbilly town, and they don't have anything that's any better than what I have. The nicest guitar they have is a Takamine Jasmine that he's trying to sell for like $350. It has this nasty thick coating all over it, it looks like the entire thing was repeatedly dipped in acrylic. It sounds like a cinder block.