The Merriam-Webster dictionary now has same-sex marriage as a second definition of marriage.

I think that's pretty cool.

I know people who say same-sex marriage isn't right because marriage isn't defined that way.

Well, now it is.

So it's okay now.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
That's pretty awesome.

There is now, literally, no logical argument against it. Hoo-Rah.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
modern marriage was created to protect property interests and to discourage illegitimate children
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by x_thurston_x
That's pretty awesome.

There is now, literally, no logical argument against it. Hoo-Rah.

Was there ever really?
Quote by Drmckool
modern marriage was created to protect property interests and to discourage illegitimate children

that. i spoke to god just now and he agreed. also he said give up stupid fanaticism and let others live their lives however they want to. also, he said something about waffles and trailed off.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by Drmckool

Yea...and that is relevant to same-sex marriage how?
That's totally rad. I hope this is a sign of the times to come.*

* I don't give a shit
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
So, you want kindergarten kids learning that it's perfectly normal to like people of the same sex?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Yea...and that is relevant to same-sex marriage how?

it's reliant because this means marriage is not a divine matter but instead a civil matter which therefore entitles homosexuals to equal benefits under the law.
I shot JR

Marriam-Webster is so going to hell.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Shred-Hed
So, you want kindergarten kids learning that it's perfectly normal to like people of the same sex?

yes
I shot JR

*waits for GodHatesMarriam-Webster.com to appear*
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
well i still think fags should never have any of the rights that normal humans have.
i say that with love.
Quote by Shred-Hed

What would be wrong with that?

Plus, I don't know about you, but I wasn't reading dictionaries as a kindergartner.

Quote by Drmckool
it's reliant because this means marriage is not a divine matter but instead a civil matter which therefore entitles homosexuals to equal benefits under the law.

Valid point
Quote by bchig
well i still think fags should never have any of the rights that normal humans have.
i say that with love.

dude, nooo.....
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by Carswell98
*waits for GodHatesMarriam-Webster.com to appear*

looking for above mentioned site, i found this

Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by Shred-Hed

I was all for them becoming prejudice scumbags but nooo...
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
Quote by abdulalhazred
looking for above mentioned site, i found this

Things like that makes me so sad.

Poor kids, their parents won't ever let them really develop a real brain. Probably end up a terribly confused teen and then kill themselves when they figure out no one really likes them.
Quote by Shred-Hed

It is. So yes.

Honestly, I've never learned about marriage in school until maybe junior year in high school during US History. Wasn't part of the curriculum, just part of the discussion.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

I don't know how many of you are from California, but have any of you seen the Prop-8 ad where this kid comes home to mommy and shows her the story they are reading about how a princess can marry a princess? The mom is so worried that now that she knows it's okay that her little girl will be a carpet-licking lesbian or some ****. It's so bad.
Quote by bchig
i say that with love.

*reported*

With love.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I don't know how many of you are from California, but have any of you seen the Prop-8 ad where this kid comes home to mommy and shows her the story they are reading about how a princess can marry a princess? The mom is so worried that now that she knows it's okay that her little girl will be a carpet-licking lesbian or some ****. It's so bad.

yeah, I don't get it either man,

I just don't
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Dictionary definitions are made and updated based upon surveys of what your everyday regular people think it means. In a way, it's an urban dictionary of sorts.

This doesn't really mean anything, but I guess I can see why you think it's neat.
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Quote by DoTheEvolution

How about the one where they obnoxiously took "whether they like it or not" way out of context and played the phrase about 45 times in 60 seconds?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

Quote by x_thurston_x
How about the one where they obnoxiously took "whether they like it or not" way out of context and played the phrase about 45 times in 60 seconds?

I haven't seen that one. I'm not from California but my uncle is and he showed me a few of the ads on YouTube.

Could you find either of those for me?

I would like to see them

DoTheEdit: I just found a few Yes on 8 commercials on YouTube and they are making me sick. Ugh, I don't really understand how people can be so against two people getting married!
Last edited by DoTheEvolution at Mar 19, 2009,
I've been watching some of these ads, and they are pathetic

seriously, I don't know how that bill passed
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by DoTheEvolution
I haven't seen that one. I'm not from California but my uncle is and he showed me a few of the ads on YouTube.

Could you find either of those for me?

I would like to see them

I couldn't find the exact one, where they would say like "teach children to be gay" WHETHER THEY LIKE IT OR NOT and the likes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kKn5LNhNto

I haven't seen this next one till now, but damn I wish No on 8 could have used that in their campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-pSye9W7FY&NR=1

EDIT: They might have but I never saw it.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-jc4ujp9Ok&feature=related I just watched this one, and it made me almost want to punch my computer screen haha.

"Adoption agencies may be FORCED to give kids to gay couples."

and?????

Ugh, I seriously don't get it. I mean, I'm typically able to understand the other side of the story on what I think, but this I just can't...it's that dumb to be against.

DoTheEdit: I think this is the one thing that I'm almost vigilant about. If you aren't for it, then **** you, you don't deserve to even vote.

Why?

Because when going to the voting booth, you should be going there with the people of the country in mind, and when you are saying no to two people getting married, you are only thinking of yourself and your stupid little world. I don't understand how it's that big of a deal that people had to vote over it, just let them get married, let them have the right, it's not a big deal.

The argument of the sanctity of marriage would collapse is stupid, look at what marriage is today? I have two friends who's parents weren't divorced, that's about it. If two people really love each other don't hold them back from getting married, plain and simple.
You know, I just thought of something. I wonder what it was like when they were finally giving women more rights. Like what negative ads they ran then. Or what they said with blacks and their rights. I bet it was the same **** about how it will ruin the social structure of America.
It's funny because when you mention that people freak out.

"OMG don't insult MLK Jr like that."

Which is ridiculous because in honor of his fighting spirit, his wife was an avid supporter for LGBT rights up until her death.
I'm almost positive that people used the same exact arguments.

Oh man, I'm gonna go off the handle here

I spent my entire senior year working against Prop 8 actually. a lot of my best friends came from that campaign, as you can guess, most of them are gay. It's just hard, a whole year, working with some amazing people for their rights, and seeing it being taken away from them. It was awful.

I go crazy when someone mentions gay rights. Even if it's ever so subtle, I bust out my argument. It's kind of a problem actually.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

Quote by x_thurston_x
It's funny because when you mention that people freak out.

"OMG don't insult MLK Jr like that."

Which is ridiculous because in honor of his fighting spirit, his wife was an avid supporter for LGBT rights up until her death.
I'm almost positive that people used the same exact arguments.

Oh man, I'm gonna go off the handle here

I spent my entire senior year working against Prop 8 actually. a lot of my best friends came from that campaign, as you can guess, most of them are gay. It's just hard, a whole year, working with some amazing people for their rights, and seeing it being taken away from them. It was awful.

I go crazy when someone mentions gay rights. Even if it's ever so subtle, I bust out my argument. It's kind of a problem actually.

Wow, that's really awesome of you. I Michigan, we had a vote about it in 2004 I think. And it got overturned. And I was pissed. I mean, there are a lot of things that I stand strongly behind, but for some reason this is the one that I'm behind the most, and I don't really know many homosexual people or anything. I guess it's like our generation's civil rights movement I guess.

I seriously no longer debate it anymore, because to me there is no debate. You are either a caring, loving person and for legalizing gay marriage, or you're an asshole and against it. It's that simple to me now. As I said, it's "**** you" if you don't get it. I just don't deal with it anymore than that now. You know?

DoTheEdit:
I kind of like the argument that some of the Yes on 8 people used about how it will effect kids. Like if they know it's okay to be gay, they will be gay....It's like asking our parents who grew up during civil rights and learned in school it's okay to be black and saying that because they knew it was okay, that they would become black. It's that stupid.

My mom would of been grade school age when that stuff went down, she's still pasty as hell, if she puts makeup on, she looks like The Joker, she didn't become black.