let's play a game

drop a myspace link of a lesser known pop punk band (i know this is the emo and pop punk section but emo's not my thing, namedrop an emo band if you really want)

and by lesser known i don't mean your friend's ****ty band who have a live off the floor basement recording up and sound like they've gained the confidence to start writing their own stuff because they've accomplished learning how to play four different blink 182 songs

i mean legit good bands

here i'll start with:

At The Edge

i found them just from browsing myspace. check out the song "nothing to lose". they switch up their style alot in that song which i like. they start off more mid-paced kinda four year strong style and then go into some faster parts (ala set your goals). they have a 2 step part and a breakdown too along with a mix of hardcore and pop punk vox. i'm definitely digging it.

now your turn!
Last edited by uppercut613 at Mar 19, 2009,
I'm no expert, but isn't being popular a prerequisite of being "Pop-punk"?
Quote by spike339

um i dont wanna come off as a dick and it's just my opinion for what it's worth but i found that band to be terrible.

but hey, to each their own!
Quote by DerekC99
I'm no expert, but isn't being popular a prerequisite of being "Pop-punk"?

what? no

most mainstream pop punk is ****ty anyways

honestly is this board filled with bowling for soup and sum 41 fans? cause if it is i'm on a mission to change that...
I think you'll find we're all Brand New fans.

And now and then someone will post a relatively unknown band and they'll get some reception but it'll fall off to the second page quite quickly.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I'll partake in this "my musical taste is superior than yours because I know underground band" fest.

Orlando bands
Gatorface
Monikers
Virgins
How Dare You

Band I wanted to include because their name rules

The Underground Railroad to Candyland
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Mar 19, 2009,
Element, did i tell you about monikers, or did you know about them before?

and on topic, Blurt.
http://www.myspace.com/blurt
Local band, just broke up in Feb, i was pissed cause i missed their last show cause it was opening night for my school's production of oliver! which I was in.
Anyways, yeah, they toured Ontario a couple times, but were more or less local to my city/county.
Quote by element4433
I'll partake in this "my musical taste is superior than yours because I know underground band" fest.

always remember though, it's not about mainstream vs. underground

it's about good music vs. bad music
Quote by uppercut613
always remember though, it's not about mainstream vs. underground

it's about good music vs. bad music

errr...

Quote by uppercut613
most mainstream pop punk is ****ty anyways

I guess you could get off with not being hypocritical here but its a fine line...

But anyway the main problem about all these bands for me is whilst some of them i like, its not that easy to obtain their songs and too much effort to go to their myspace just to listen to them.

Good idea for a thread though ill give you that.
Quote by StonaLemons
errr...

I guess you could get off with not being hypocritical here but its a fine line...

But anyway the main problem about all these bands for me is whilst some of them i like, its not that easy to obtain their songs and too much effort to go to their myspace just to listen to them.

Good idea for a thread though ill give you that.

alot of blogspots have cds from underground bands, not to mention the program soulseek. and with file2hd.com you can download songs off of myspace.

i'm gonna post alot more bands later. what mainstream bands do you guys like anyway? i think there's alot of mainstream bands that were good but got worse as they progressively got bigger (fall out boy for example, used to be sick pop punk, now they do these lame ass awkward sounding rock-ish songs)
Some Of Us Never Die ??

And just so I don't get flamed for shameless self-promotion Here's a band from around our area that recently broke up and I thought were awesome!

The Chase

The song Fires rocks

-Guy
http://www.facebook.com/someofusneverdie

Check us out, we'd really appreciate any feedback or support.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Yamaha RGX-A2
Orange Thunderverb 200H
Orange PPC412 Cab
- Woo!!
Boss TU-2, ISP Decimator, MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by uppercut613
alot of blogspots have cds from underground bands, not to mention the program soulseek. and with file2hd.com you can download songs off of myspace.

i'm gonna post alot more bands later. what mainstream bands do you guys like anyway? i think there's alot of mainstream bands that were good but got worse as they progressively got bigger (fall out boy for example, used to be sick pop punk, now they do these lame ass awkward sounding rock-ish songs)

Yeah i have to agree with falloutboy. their earlier stuff is amazing but not so much now.

The main threads here are mostly the less mainstream 'pop punk/emo' stuff, like Brand New and Circa Survive...

oh and my contributions

Teenage cool kids - someone posted a thread on these a while back
http://www.myspace.com/teenagecoolkids

Science vs romance - local band, supported circa on their UK tour for part of it

http://www.myspace.com/sciencevsromancemusic/
Quote by lookpizza
the ergs
the steinways
the wonder years

check em

Listen to this.

Although I'd say The Ergs are fairly well known.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by StreetLight3989
Listen to this.

Although I'd say The Ergs are fairly well known.

Yea, thats why I didn't stick them on my list.
Can't believe I forgot Lemuria though.
oh theres a band called ice nine kills
they like turned into a screamo/metalcore band
but if you can find their early stuff its very poppunk
I'm an asshole.
I'm liking the TS's band, At The Edge.

where they from?

From the UK so probably won't see them for a while if at all
Quote by wibble~
I'm liking the TS's band, At The Edge.

where they from?

From the UK so probably won't see them for a while if at all

they're from cali

instead of posting a bunch of bands here i'll just be lazy and post my compilation vids.
there's 60 bands between these 4 videos, most of them pretty unknown:

part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
Antiskeptic
Well i suppose they evolved into a modern rock band later on in their lifespan (disbanded last year) but their beginnings were in pop-punk.
www.myspace.com/antiskeptic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiskeptic
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
http://www.myspace.com/transitma - TRANSIT

This band is seriously the "next big thing".. some good kids from the Boston area. In the vain of Fairweather and Crime in Stereo with Braid and Lifetime influences.

http://www.myspace.com/lifeonholdmusic

This is a girl fronted rock band from Billerica, Ma. First of all, don't dismiss this band as a paramore rip off or anything of the sort. Each member of the band could sing leads in their own successful pop punk band. This dynamic allows for monumentous use of 4 and even 5 part harmonies. Live, they are spot on. These guys are my friends, check out their page and help get them on warped tour.
Quote by lookpizza
oh theres a band called ice nine kills
they like turned into a screamo/metalcore band
but if you can find their early stuff its very poppunk

Fail.
Quote by element4433

Orlando bands
Gatorface
Monikers
Virgins
How Dare You

Band I wanted to include because their name rules

The Underground Railroad to Candyland

Yes! Virgins! I'm playing with them on the 7th March, it's going to be sick
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████