I searched and didn't find anything about this. and i'm not sure it goes here, but oh well.

My band and I got onstage for a gig last night, and our hands froze. the drummer even got a cramp in his hand. i know you can put your hands in your armpits while you're onstage to warm them up, but is there any way to avoid this altogether?
Light your hands on fire.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
First off, all of the Pitmonkey responses have been reported. This is not the place for smart-ass spam comments.

On Topic: Gloves and guitar don't really work very well. Viable option for the drummer, though. Honestly, I'd say just tolerate it. Just make sure your hands are always moving, because that will keep them warm more than anything.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
I say you should warm up before you go on stage. On stage keep your fingers always moving.

If you are gonna be playing fast and well on stage you gotta warm up properly before going on stage anyway.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Quote by Black Star
First off, all of the Pitmonkey responses have been reported. This is not the place for smart-ass spam comments.

On Topic: Gloves and guitar don't really work very well. Viable option for the drummer, though. Honestly, I'd say just tolerate it. Just make sure your hands are always moving, because that will keep them warm more than anything.

Well there are gloves that only cover the pal and don't impede the fingers, so that might be something......
actually a friend of mine showed me something BADASS. He sewed (atleast I think he did, might have just bought it) a little cloth bag of rice. it's totally sewn shut so it's pretty much like a very small pillow, about the size of your palm if you want. And what you do is you put the thing in the microwave until it warms up and then hold it in your hands. VERY AWESOME. dont let it get too hot though and dont fill it completely with rice. It should feel like those sand pillows at walmart
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
if your hands and feet are cold its just a result of poor blood circulation.

do some pushups offstage to get the blood flowing. or better yet, some chinups if you can find a suitable place to do them. i always find my hands are never cold after a back workout so...
Quote by Mixaly
if your hands and feet are cold its just a result of poor blood circulation.

do some pushups offstage to get the blood flowing. or better yet, some chinups if you can find a suitable place to do them. i always find my hands are never cold after a back workout so...

Plus there's nothing quite like a rumor that the guitarist does push-ups in his spare time backstage getting started.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
actually a friend of mine showed me something BADASS. He sewed (atleast I think he did, might have just bought it) a little cloth bag of rice. it's totally sewn shut so it's pretty much like a very small pillow, about the size of your palm if you want. And what you do is you put the thing in the microwave until it warms up and then hold it in your hands. VERY AWESOME. dont let it get too hot though and dont fill it completely with rice. It should feel like those sand pillows at walmart

Or you could just go to a store and buy some handwarmers. They last up to 6 or 8 hours and are pretty cheap.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Why do your hands get cold?
Are they cold before, after?
This might be an extreme case of stage fight broski.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
Put your hands under some warm water or wear some gloves before show time.
If you don't have some sort of warmers handy, increase your circulation to your hands by clenching and unclenching your fists quickly.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I guess it's happened before, but not this badly. We were all fine when we got up there, then our hands just got really cold. It was in a big gym. And i think the stage is over an air conditioning thing, but the vents were a good distance from us. and we were having a great time too. no stage fright that i can recall.
run about the stage.

Or tune to open chords and play with one finger, like tommy bolin.
the problem i get is cold clammy hands due to both bad circulation and low blood sugar. I usually soak my hands in hot water to get the blood flowing, but i also have to watch what i eat before a show. anything like redbull i have to avoid, but fruits and other starches seem to help.
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I swear that's one of the biggest fears of any band.

After dropping your pick of course *shudders*.

All I can suggest is making sure you're 100% warm before you go on and try and be as active as you can to get as hot as possible.

Other than that bring a fire on stage and occasionally take short breaks.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
alright. good stuff guys. thanks! i'll try to keep all of that in mind for gigs to come. and i'm sure this helped more people than me. thanks again.
Quote by isabiggles
All I can suggest is making sure you're 100% warm before you go on and try and be as active as you can to get as hot as possible.

Also make sure you are adequately dressed. Obviously, you won't need a winter coat but you should be warm.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Cut the fingers out of gloves. Make sure they aren't too thick, and your good to go.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.