I've never been in a band before, And i'm a bit nervous. Mainly cause i found the band on myspace ads, an i never met in rea life. So were gonna jam in a week.
Also pretty excited, I would consider this a side project cause its not the main music i wanna create.

Its like old school metal, megadeth, pantera , slayer, iron maiden ect ect.

My two main projects i want are my solo work that i have been doing, an being in a metalcore thrash, death band.

But anyways sorry for the blabbering.

Anyways i can not be so nervous when i get there?

Anyone meet bands like this over myspace?
Just be nice First band practise isn't a lot of practising usually, it's just getting to know eachother. Just try to get to know the band better and hang out with them.
We once had a drummer that wasn't nice but could play VERY VERY good, and we kicked him. If it's just a sideproject for you, then you shouldn't aim for succes, but for fun.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Yeah, it will prob be the only band i play with for awhile. Its the first time theres actually a metal band, or band at that, in my area XD

But ah i get ya, I have a hard time socializing with people . like it takes me a week of getting used to someone until i can socialize normal without any nerves bouncing around.

I kinda been thinking about going to a doctor or something to see if i can get somethng to help me not be so nervous around people.

XD

But thanks man i appreciate the message
Been in a few bands and learned a lot from each experience, each one apart from my 2 current ones fell by the waistside because of stupid mistakes
so heres my advice for ya
im guessing your a guitarist but if not this pretty much applies to all musicians in a band, when you guys arent playing or writing riffs or something like that try your best not to just be noodling around on your instrument especailly if other people are trying to talk this does nothing but annoy your bandmates.
Be friendly and comfortable with your band mates kinda goes without saying.
Do your best to listen to your bandmates influences this will promote creativity in the band within the musical direction you want to go in.
MOST IMPORTANTLY!:Make all decisions as a democracy!
Check out my YouTube Videos
http:
//www.youtube.com/user/callamanster
Quote by LarsHamfield
Been in a few bands and learned a lot from each experience, each one apart from my 2 current ones fell by the waistside because of stupid mistakes
so heres my advice for ya
im guessing your a guitarist but if not this pretty much applies to all musicians in a band, when you guys arent playing or writing riffs or something like that try your best not to just be noodling around on your instrument especailly if other people are trying to talk this does nothing but annoy your bandmates.
Be friendly and comfortable with your band mates kinda goes without saying.
Do your best to listen to your bandmates influences this will promote creativity in the band within the musical direction you want to go in.

+9999

Just don't do this and you'll be fine. I hate it when my drummer and bassist do this. I want to punch them in the face!
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by LarsHamfield
when you guys arent playing or writing riffs or something like that try your best not to just be noodling around on your instrument especailly if other people are trying to talk this does nothing but annoy your bandmates.

YES!!, although in all of my bands everyone has been guilty of it

Quote by LarsHamfield

again, YES!!, i have had several bands fall apart because of this
We finally got together today. We jammed from like 5 to 11 pm.

There wasnt alot of talking, an the singer an guitarist didnt talk much to me but the drummer was soo awesome. So were buddys now.

And we all totally conntected musically.
I learned all there songs pretty fast., And we just had a great jam time

So thanks everyone.

And ah i tryed not to noodle, but the drummer was double bassing an triple/quad **** so i couldnt resist jamming some ****.

Anyways thanks for your help.
Did you learn the songs by watching them or before meeting them?
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.