All right so as a guitarist i've been trying to play Blues, but ive mainly just being playing small blues licks and i want to see if anyone knows some good blues songs/artists/guitarists that you can reccomend to me to listen to, Thanks!
s'all about BB

But SRV, Buddy Guy, Gary Moore
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
john mayall's bluesbreakers with eric clapton\

great ones to learn are key to love, hideaway, steppin out and all your love
Last edited by hankscorpio at Mar 19, 2009,
Robben Ford is a great bluesman who extends the range of the blues. A real genius.

Your classic bluesmen:
Clapton (Bluesbreakers, Cream and solo)
Anyone named King (BB, Freddy, Albert)
Otis Rush
Buddy Guy
Duane Allman

Believe it or not, Angus Young's licks are all blues based.
Two words, Joe Bonamassa, the man is a small god, maybe a godlet
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

SRV

John lee hooker

robert johnson

if you want something slower more melodic try listening to 'missisispi john hurt'

for slide theres fred mcdowell aswell

big bill broonzy

howlin wolf

lightnin hopkins

muddy waters
Quote by Rolling_man
Two words, Joe Bonamassa, the man is a small god, maybe a godlet

This.

+ SRV, Reggie Wayne Morris, all the King's, like someone above me said.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by MT in Austin
Believe it or not, Angus Young's licks are all blues based.

Too true. A lot of Jimmy Page's stuff (Yardbirds, and most early Zep) as well.

I don't find him to be the most accessible artist, but if you really really want to know the blues you need to listen to Robert Johnson. He's called "The Grandfather of Rock n' Roll" and if we didn't have recordings of him most people probably wouldn't think he ever was a real person considered the murky details of his life and the legends/rumors attached to him.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Too true. A lot of Jimmy Page's stuff (Yardbirds, and most early Zep) as well.

I don't find him to be the most accessible artist, but if you really really want to know the blues you need to listen to Robert Johnson. He's called "The Grandfather of Rock n' Roll" and if we didn't have recordings of him most people probably wouldn't think he ever was a real person considered the murky details of his life and the legends/rumors attached to him.

although i agree, i can't stand listening to his stuff. i've found for me at least it's easier to listen to covers of it once you've heard his actual sound. the jeff healey band did an awesome cover of stop breakin down.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
If it's the feel of the blues you're after, also consider Little Walter. He plays harmonica, but at the end of the day I don't think it matters that much.