Hey guys, I recently got a Les Paul Voodoo and some tasty EMG 81's to put in it. I wired it all up like the diagram (no.7) said but I'm getting no signal what so ever! Has anyone had any experience with this? Two things that have confused me are -

1. In the EMG diagram it says there is a braided wire from the selector switch of the guitar, but I have a yellow and green wire that are connected to eachother , is this the same thing?

2. In the EMG diagram it says the EMG jack has a green wire that should be connected to the black wire of the selector switch, mine is black, i'm guessing this is ok though.

I think the wiring may have to do with the wooden piece in the middle of the shield that the jack wire is connected too, I'm not quite sure how I should solder all these together. Apart from this I have followed the diagram exactly.

Any suggestions or has anyone wired one of these Les Paul's before??

Cheers!
best thing to do is go through every step over again and double check everything, youll find the problem
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Yep, done all of that. Checked the battery works aswell. It's definitely something to do with the wiring. Bit of a mission, BUT -

White cable of Bridge pickup to Bridge volume control pot, then onto the middle slot of the pot
White Fingerboard cable to fingerboard volume control pot, then onto the middle slot of the pot
White cable from guitar selector to the right slot of the Bridge volume pot
Red cable from the guitar selector to the right slot of the Fingerboard volume pot
Yellow and Green cable (joined together) soldered to the bridge control pot
Black wire from guitar selector to the right metal clip on the wood in the middle of the shield
Output black wire of the EMG Jack soldered to the right metal clip on the wood in the middle of the shield
Middle black wire of the EMG Jack soldered to the Bridge Tone pot
Spare Black wire soldered between the two tone pots
Pickup red wires soldered together, then to the red cable of the battery clip

Any suggestions?
Last edited by ollievk at Mar 19, 2009,
maybe you fried something
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Are you sure you plugged the wires into the pickup the right way. Seems stupid but i once did this
I hope I haven't fried anything man! I'm pretty sure that the wires of the pickups are in the right way. so frustrating, I'm gonna de-solder everything and go through it again tonight