After a thread I made a while about the difference between audio and linear tapered, I was informed audio are better for volume and linear will work good in tone controls. I just opened up my g400 and found out that my volume pots are linear (B500K) and my tone pots are Audio (A500K). Should I switch the pots to what they should be? Will it make much of a difference.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
If you change pots you should also change the capacitors on the tone pots. Sometimes people forget them but changing them can make a big difference also.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
It's all just preference. You can switch them around to see how you like it. All my guitars have B500K pots for volume and A500K for tone. Like H_ngm_n said try changing the capacitors on the tone pots. Most people say to use .047 for humbuckers but I usually use .022 . It just comes down to what you like better. If you think it sounds better go ahead and use it even if no one else does.
Quote by JoePerry4life
After a thread I made a while about the difference between audio and linear tapered, I was informed audio are better for volume and linear will work good in tone controls. I just opened up my g400 and found out that my volume pots are linear (B500K) and my tone pots are Audio (A500K). Should I switch the pots to what they should be? Will it make much of a difference.

Audio taper work best for both Volume and Tone-cut.

But I would NOT recommend changing your volume pots to audio taper.
You have a 2-volume configuration on that guitar.
When using audio taper pots, they work great as a volume control when only 1 pickup is selected, but when both are selected, a linear works better to allow rolling off one pickup to get the right "blend". An audio taper introduces too much resistance, too fast, when rolling back from 10. This makes "blending" a touchy operation.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.