From all the information I gathered, you can use a USB interface for guitar Rig(1,2,or 3) by native instrument right?

If I go out and buy a Zoom G2.1u, which has a USB recording interface, can i plug that in and use guitar rig with the G2.1u?
I don't think so mate, Guitar rig is an effects package designed to run with their own hardware.

Much Like POD farm for Line 6 products.

So I would say if you want to use Guitar Rig buy their Foot Kontrol.

Hope this helps.
Quote by Nothingface
I don't think so mate, Guitar rig is an effects package designed to run with their own hardware.

Much Like POD farm for Line 6 products.

So I would say if you want to use Guitar Rig buy their Foot Kontrol.

Hope this helps.

the kontrol thing is worthless.
get a usb interface with a 1/4 instrument input, and play away.
the only thing you need is something to hook your guitar up to and guitar rig.
any more questions just pm me.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Okay sounds like its doable. I just got my hands on the program(For a short period of time) , but i actually don't have the G2 yet, nor do I have another USB interface.

But i also heard that you can use a mic, anyways the program is really confusing, are you supposed to use the standalone mode or as a VST plugin?
Guitar Rig runs fine without any hardware. It's a program. I use the standalone mode for practice and I use the VST for recording into my DAW (in my case I use the AU as I'm on a Mac).
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Okay i think im going to give that adapter a chance.... but no usb mic then?

Anyways I would really like to understand how to get these programs to work though, i was as confused as I was when i attempted to use EZdrummer ..... Can you guys maybe redirect me to a link somewhere i can learn how these programs work from scratch?

So if i use it as a VST plug in, I can still play it through my speakers right? like in a way playing it "Live" ?

If you'd like you can add me on msn and enlighten me =) . My msn is the same as my user name, and of course adding @hotmail.com
Quote by howangcturtle
Okay i think im going to give that adapter a chance.... but no usb mic then?

Anyways I would really like to understand how to get these programs to work though, i was as confused as I was when i attempted to use EZdrummer ..... Can you guys maybe redirect me to a link somewhere i can learn how these programs work from scratch?

So if i use it as a VST plug in, I can still play it through my speakers right? like in a way playing it "Live" ?

If you'd like you can add me on msn and enlighten me =) . My msn is the same as my user name, and of course adding @hotmail.com

many DAW's have a way so that you can create a track, assign the plugin to it, and just monitor that plugin, so yes. you would be able to do this with the zoom, but chances are its going to be latent unless you get a USB 2.0 interface. i mean, its not going to be ridiculously latent, ive gotten acceptable sounds with my non-USB 2.0 pod, but if your going to be using it regularly, you'll want something USB 2.0. or that alexis guitar to USB cable should work fine

Quote by hansolo1106
Just download Asio4All, and you're good to go. No hardware needed, just this: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Live-Wire-1-4-F--Mini-M--Mono-Adapter-100037760-i1166768.gc

using that without an interface would sound like shit
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Mar 21, 2009,
Ohh okay, i somewhat understand, what's latent ? haha

I have a Zoom G1 so should work. its the program part that im worried about~
Quote by howangcturtle
Ohh okay, i somewhat understand, what's latent ? haha

I have a Zoom G1 so should work. its the program part that im worried about~

latent means that there is latency. latency is basicaly when you are recording something but what you play gets recorded slightly after you play it.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Yes! somehow i got myself a jack and tried it and it worked recording on audacity.

As for guitar rig... It doesn't seem to work... one I first opned it it asked me to choose the input and output.. and i chose the strereo input..but it seems like they're just sensing the input from the intergrated mic(on my laptop) .... I tried to click my way back to that speech bubble that ask me to choose output..no luck..

guitar rig is hard to use
Quote by hansolo1106
Just download Asio4All, and you're good to go. No hardware needed, just this: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Live-Wire-1-4-F--Mini-M--Mono-Adapter-100037760-i1166768.gc

Fail. This will sound like crap. You need an interface - no question about it.
EDIT: No, GR is piss easy to use. You need an interface to use it properly. Everything else will suck ass. You also need to configure your ASIO drivers, which should not be hard either.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Last edited by Dr.Pain-MD at Mar 22, 2009,
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
...GR is piss easy to use. You need an interface to use it properly. Everything else will suck ass...

Unless you have a Mac Desktop then you really don't need any interface. The laptops do but my 20" Imac sounds very sweet without any interface as it has a small preamp built-in. I had a Fastrack USB, HAVE a Presonus INSPIRE - 2 different preamps (Audio Buddy and an Art Tube MP Studio) but found I didn't need anything - my Imac sounds beautiful without anything but a cheap 1/4" -> 1/8" mini adapter into my LINE IN (not MIC IN but LINE IN as it has a dedicated LINE IN). My new Vista Laptop is a different story. It sounds like ASZ without an interface and the latency is horrible even with ASIO4ALL.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Fail. This will sound like crap. You need an interface - no question about it.
EDIT: No, GR is piss easy to use. You need an interface to use it properly. Everything else will suck ass. You also need to configure your ASIO drivers, which should not be hard either.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/hansolo1106/music/
Does this sound like crap? My friend made it using his cheap Squier Tele plugged directly into his soundcard, no interface. No latency at all when using Guitar Rig 3, and sounds great. And he doesn't have an expensive soundcard, just a cheap Soundblaster Live 5.1.
I use Guitar Rig with my onboard soundcard and it sounds just fine. You just need to know how to use a computer.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
OKAY! I finally got it to work, I used the recording line in for audacity and it sounds great. BUT Guitar Rig has weird, i would strum a note, and a really noisy, distorted out of tune note would come out....
I have a Zoom G1 as well, plug your guitar into the G1, bypass the pedal (tuner function - so the amp modelling and effects are off) and connect it to the line in port of your soundcard. Use the ASIO4LL drivers as well. Works well like that. If you want the ASIO and Guitar rig sound settings I use I can post them.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
At this moment, I got everything down, I fixed most of the noise problem by adjusting the latentcy, but the sound coming out is still a bit slow... and still quite noisy.....

As for the Asio4LL driver, it seems like the site is down. What does that do anyways?
Okay this is going to be my last question and im going to put this in ACTION!

So my friend is going to lend me his G2.1u to check if USB interface work well the first place, on guitar rig. But meanwhile im looking into these two USB interface, I really can't tell the difference, I would hate to buy the wrong thing though.

https://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=60&P_ID=16635&PT_ID=281 Tis thing is cheaper, but it has more outputs...wouldn't that cost more? but again it doesn't include a free program...

https://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=56&P_ID=17035&PT_ID=281

So my question is, what's the difference with these 2 quality-wise? They vary in price, but are the same brand. The cheaper one seems better, it has more outputs and input plug-ins and there's no unecessary programs(Since i have guitar rig3 now)