I currently own:
Ibanez RG2EX1 with EMG 81 and 85's
Mesa/Boogie Mark III Red-Stripe
Marshall 1960A (selling, buyer picking it up today)
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 2x12 (to replace my 1960, don't have yet)

Now, what should I add to it next over this year??? Don't suggest a new guitar of amp, i'm happy with what I have. For Christmas this year, i'm probably gonna get a Line 6 POD X3 for recording. What else should I get to expand my rig in the future??? BTW, I play t3h n0t s0 br00t4l br00t4lz (AKA, Progressive Metal/Death Metal/Thrash Metal/Jazz Fusion/Classical).
Last edited by bulletrocks522 at Mar 19, 2009,
If your getting the POD X3 then I would suggest getting POD Farm or GearBox and Riffworks.

Riffworks T4 is Free.

Invest in a decent PC and Stereo.
Dont get a pod, get analog pedals.

I hate all Multi effects units, too digital.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
i woudl get a bunch of analog stompboxes and build a pedalbaord
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
i'd get a USB recording interface.
silent playing is bomb.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw
i woudl get a bunch of analog stompboxes and build a pedalbaord

+1
can i ask why you hated this cab? just wondering lol.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
can i ask why you hated this cab? just wondering lol.

It wasn't clear enough, it was huge, it was too scooped, it needed to be pushed to sound good. I mostly hated the speakers. Plus, it didn't sound good with my head.
And, to people saying not to get a POD, i'm getting it for the amps/cabs to used for silent recording, im not gonna be using it with my Mark III. What sort of effects should I get???? I was thinking an OD boost (Maxon OD-808), an EQ (MXR M-108 10-band EQ), a delay (suggest to me some good ones), a reverb (suggest me some good ones), a harmonizer (Digitech HarmonyMan), and a chorus (suggest me good ones). Price range for each pedal is less than $200, besides the harmonizer.
what speakers did it have? and as for what you want pedalwise, a reverb the holy grail is pretty good and the hardwire reverb is good too.
and for a chorus, the hardwire chorus is also a great one, basically all the hardwires will not dissapoint. try them out
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by bulletrocks522
It wasn't clear enough, it was huge, it was too scooped, it needed to be pushed to sound good. I mostly hated the speakers. Plus, it didn't sound good with my head.
And, to people saying not to get a POD, i'm getting it for the amps/cabs to used for silent recording, im not gonna be using it with my Mark III. What sort of effects should I get???? I was thinking an OD boost (Maxon OD-808), an EQ (MXR M-108 10-band EQ), a delay (suggest to me some good ones), a reverb (suggest me some good ones), a harmonizer (Digitech HarmonyMan), and a chorus (suggest me good ones). Price range for each pedal is less than $200, besides the harmonizer.

The maxon is a good overdrive

The MXR is exactly the EQ i would recommend

A good reverb is the EHX Holy Grail (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Holy-Grail-Reverb-Pedal?sku=153319) DON'T GET THE HOLY GRAIL PLUS

A good delay is the MXR Carbon Copy (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXR-M169-Carbon-Copy-Analog-Delay-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=150571)

My favorite chorus is the EHX Small Clone (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Small-Clone-Analog-Chorus-Pedal?sku=153312)

Get a Digitech WHAMMY for the harmonizer/pitch shifter, you won't be disappointed (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-Whammy-Pedal-with-MIDI-Control?sku=150171) Although i'd try to ebay a WH-1 if possible
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by Holy-Diver
what speakers did it have?

It had Celestion G12T-75's. I prefer Vintage 30's with American voiced amps.
ah yes... i was just wondering, because normally i like the marshall cabs. how is that mark III?
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
How much monies you think you'll have?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Holy-Diver
ah yes... i was just wondering, because normally i like the marshall cabs. how is that mark III?

I really don't know. I mean the only time I tried it with a good cab (1960AV, Clestion V30's) was when I hadn't learned how to EQ it. Its a pretty complicated amp, to get more gain out of it, you turn up the clean volume, and on the Lead channel, it just adds more gain. I think it will be stellar once I get my Recto 2x12. Everybody else seems to love them. Are you looking into buying one????

EDIT:
^^^^^^
Well, this is just over time, I don't really know. But I think I want it to be under $200 per pedal, besides the HarmonyMan, which is $300
I'm probably gonna get that last, I don't play live, but I jam, and I can always overdub.
Last edited by bulletrocks522 at Mar 19, 2009,
nah, i was just wondering, i have never gotten to play a mark only goddamn rectos
i have played stiletto, road-something, heartbreaker, and some green one.

i hate rectos
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
i hate rectos

I agree, there very "meh" for the price, and don't sound good unless cranked. Recto's aren't my type of voicing. I want a tight, fast sound, not a loose chuggy sound. If i were to get one, i'd get a Single because of the SS Rectifier giving it less sag.
Quote by Holy-Diver
nah, i was just wondering, i have never gotten to play a mark only goddamn rectos
i have played stiletto, road-something, heartbreaker, and some green one.

i hate rectos

the roadking IS a recto.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
the roadking IS a recto.

ok
i never said i liked it
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
ok
i never said i liked it

oh.

Don't judge me.
I would think the on-board reverb is better than a digital pedal. do you not like the amp's reverb?

Other than that, I like the pedal opinions already given. I am tempted to get a 10 band EQ myself.
Quote by Chetbango
I would think the on-board reverb is better than a digital pedal. do you not like the amp's reverb?

Other than that, I like the pedal opinions already given. I am tempted to get a 10 band EQ myself.

My amps reverb is total sh!t. Even at 10, you can't even hear it, and it sucks/colors tone and gives me dirt on my clean channel, which is where ill be using it.
Quote by CullenT
The maxon is a good overdrive

The MXR is exactly the EQ i would recommend

A good reverb is the EHX Holy Grail (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Holy-Grail-Reverb-Pedal?sku=153319) DON'T GET THE HOLY GRAIL PLUS

A good delay is the MXR Carbon Copy (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXR-M169-Carbon-Copy-Analog-Delay-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=150571)

My favorite chorus is the EHX Small Clone (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Small-Clone-Analog-Chorus-Pedal?sku=153312)

Get a Digitech WHAMMY for the harmonizer/pitch shifter, you won't be disappointed (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-Whammy-Pedal-with-MIDI-Control?sku=150171) Although i'd try to ebay a WH-1 if possible

Agreed with everything, but the reverb part.

Why not the Holy Grail Plus? It's only slightly more expensive, and gives you waaaay more control over the reverb. I have one, and I couldn't be happier! The only problems I can think of is the room reverb (sounds like ****) and a hardly noticeable volume drop, but quite honestly, I think this pedal is pretty damn good.
Quote by Chetbango

actually, some pedals deliver greater reverb than you might think
and some onboards are sh*te
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
actually, some pedals deliver greater reverb than you might think
and some onboards are sh*te

Fair enough, I just miss my Reverb from my old Acoustic 164, (which I understand was a close enough copy of a Mesa Mk III that they had to stop making it) that had a sweet spring reverb. Could something be wrong with your reverb circuit? Mine certainly did not dirty the clean channel.

I have pedal now that to me is not nearly as nice. I should start a thread about that pedal, as it is supposed to be pretty good, but I find it digital sounding.
Last edited by Chetbango at Mar 19, 2009,
yes! but honestly... some amps reverbs are so bad.... b52
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
For the delay you really have to options. Get a hardwire delay (or any other digital delay i.e. the Boss DD series, Ibanez DE-7, Line 6 Echo Park, Line 6 DL4) if you need crisper long delays and options for experimentation. If you need delay just to thicken up a lead tone get something like an MXR Carbon Copy. I think the latter applies in your case.

As far as reverbs go, many single pedals have options that just aren't possible with amp reverb. I'd recommend a Hardwire reverb, but also look into rack reverbs because they're much cheaper than you would think and often sound better.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments