Hey, i recently finished an SG project, although due to a change of the horn it looks nothing like an SG any more...

blackhard ware with a Deep Mahogany stain on both the body and the head stock.

Pics Are Below.

( Pics are varios some of it compleat some of it in making)

http://s393.photobucket.com/albums/pp14/tomthebomb01/SG%20Project%20Guitar/

Wotcha think?

Its my 1st project aswell
My Gear

Epiphone: Les Paul - 1994 - Birdseye.
Tenson: Strat
Samick: Acoustic < On Long Term Lend.
Samick: Amp - 15w
Roland Cube 30 Amp
I'm not crazy about the lower horn, but this also isn't my guitar; if you like it, that's all that matters . I like how the stain turned out.

Was this a build from scratch? Kit? SG knockoff mod?
Looks pretty cool, nice idea. Upon looking at it, if you took off both horns to the point that the body was one smooth shape, it looks like the exact dimensions of a guitar pick.
I like it, its original looking
I wouldve taken the bottom wing down a lil lower for high fret access, but thats a personal preference
If you love it, rock it!
I was planning on taking the ing down further, i just didnt have the patiance

:L

i brought this as a nock of SG and did it up,

and about the pic though :L

ney way yea i think its ok,

there was no markings on the set of pickups i got and i ended up wiring them in the wrong way so bridge was neck and neck was bridge, so i gota sort that out. shouldnt be to hard.
My Gear

Roland Cube 30 Amp
the stain looks killer.
what are the specs? (wood type,harware,pickups?)
why did you do the bottom horn like that? i dont thik its necessary for a SG style....
looks more like a double cut out LP though....
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
tbh im not entirly sure about much on this guitar.

Haha

Not sure on the wood, its some sort of hard wood,

the hardware is all mix and match from websites, brought it all knew speed knobs bridge and tail pick ups are unbranded zebra pick ups i picked up of ebay for a bargin, there are ok but not the best.

and the horn was fine when i got it, but there was gashes in it where the previous owner decided to try cut it but couldnt be arsed to finish the job so left it, any way i recut the horn and sanded it the best i could to try get it decent looking.
My Gear

Roland Cube 30 Amp
I think it looks pretty sweet personally. Not everyone has to have the same stupid guitar shapes all the damn time, no matter how many classic rock icons they namedrop who "played one in 74" or whatever.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
The controls look kinda clustered down there... Haha. I'm not crazy about SG's or the new treble horn. But looks like you did a good first build!

I think the new horn would have looked better if it started lower on the neck. Presently it's too high and doesn't give you much better fret access than before.
Last edited by brcck at Mar 19, 2009,
control is abit clustered but it works so i ent complaining :P

the lower fret acsess isnt imposible, but it would have been better if i took it down more, but then i dont really play that far down any way so its fine.
My Gear

Roland Cube 30 Amp
tip: Sand all of the paint out of the neck pocket for tone and sustain.

Could you also take a photo of the sanded neck pocket?

I really like the mod, maybe add a bevel on the lower cutaway?
personally i'd do the same to the top horn as you did to the bottom horn, give it that 60s piece of **** but still awesome vibe
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.