So what are you planning on doing for work experience?
I put down my local guitar shop MORmusic

But I will probably end up with Supersave
Quote by ShaunDiel
I'm going to apply at Sobeys sometime this week.

That's like um, Walgreens for people that don't know.

i might go to school for health science

shaundiel, i have a tattoo of your avatar lolz
Don't bother going in there, the guy who I always go and see is a knob.
Is Rock-Ola still open?

Yes I'm a fellow Yorkshireman myself
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
is this like for school or summer jobs?

i hope i can be a dishwasher at the local restaurant this year,9 bucks an hour just sitting and spraying water at dishes,then i could just space out and think about life....
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by BlackLuster
Don't bother going in there, the guy who I always go and see is a knob.
Is Rock-Ola still open?

Yes I'm a fellow Yorkshireman myself

Hi

I asked at Rock-ola and they said they are closing down soon
And MORmusic was the next best thing so...
Quote by ShaunDiel
No wayy. That's unreal.

sobeys isn't REALLY like walgreens? isn't walgreens a pharmacy? sobeys is more of a grocery store
███████████████████████████████████
i've already done work experience a few years ago, but i went to soundcontrol, think it's called reverb now. it was pretty amazing though.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
when i was on work experience i went to my 'local' music shop which is still 1 hour & a half to get to, & i didn't do anything at all for an entire week!!
cut up some boxes, tuned (played) guitars, & counted in stock, that was it! total waste of experience tbh!
Quote by guitar12
Hi

I asked at Rock-ola and they said they are closing down soon
And MORmusic was the next best thing so...

I think they might have already gone since no one is talking about them anymore.
Oh well, it isn't all bad; Rock-Ola was the most ridiculously overpriced guitar shop I think I have ever been to in my life. Nothing has caused me so much displeasure when it concerns guitars than walking into that shop. No wonder they were forced to move from Walmgate and then forced to close down: serves them right.
OK rant over now.

See if you can get experience in Bulmers, that is my most favourite amazing shop in the entire city. Dave and Jon who usually work there are THE NICEST GUYS I think I have ever met. They're superb. Go in and inquire if they do work experience or not

Y siempre
Y para siempre
i let my school pick my work experience... they were stupid enough to give me one that required me to travel across Rotherham and Shaffield just to get there... two ****ing buses their. and two ****ing buses back. about 2 hours journey. The bastards.
Quote by SG_dave
i let my school pick my work experience... they were stupid enough to give me one that required me to travel across Rotherham and Shaffield just to get there... two ****ing buses their. and two ****ing buses back. about 2 hours journey. The bastards.

Why bother going, it's only work experience from the school: it counts for absolutely nothing!

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by BlackLuster
Why bother going, it's only work experience from the school: it counts for absolutely nothing!

If you don't do work experience you get fined £50...
Quote by guitar12

What is the world coming to? Things have changed a lot in the 5 years since I did Work Experience.
I remember my friend getting sacked from Safeways in Acomb on work experience for chucking chickens and pork pies around in the deli, and he stayed at home for two weeks instead of telling anyone.
Saying that, I went to a very poor state school. Where are you at?

Y siempre
Y para siempre
I did my year 10 work experience at a guitar shop in Colchester.

It wasn't that exciting.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by guitar12

Really? The current Year 10's at my school don't get to do work experience from what I've heard.
--------
I didn't do Work Experience. Appendicectomy a week or so before it. Lucky really, I hadn't put anything down.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
I went to a guitar shop in Nottingham, they made me tune every guitar on show and I had to make tea for everyone.
Quote by BlackLuster
What is the world coming to? Things have changed a lot in the 5 years since I did Work Experience.
I remember my friend getting sacked from Safeways in Acomb on work experience for chucking chickens and pork pies around in the deli, and he stayed at home for two weeks instead of telling anyone.
Saying that, I went to a very poor state school. Where are you at?

I'm at Fulford 'maths and computing' secondary school... But I don't thinks it's just my school it's the company that sorts everything out. I think it's called Edexcel.
Quote by tona_107
sobeys isn't REALLY like walgreens? isn't walgreens a pharmacy? sobeys is more of a grocery store

My sobeys has a pharmacy..

I suppose it is more of a grocery store. My bad.

I just figured alot of people wouldn't know what Sobeys was.
Quote by guitar12
I'm at Fulford 'maths and computing' secondary school... But I don't thinks it's just my school it's the company that sorts everything out. I think it's called Edexcel.

Strange (not your school, the process).
Edexcel just ran programs for subjects when I was at school; they did my maths one and were very good at it. But the work experience was done pretty much by our own two hands.
You flicked through the huge binder which showed all the companies participating in taking bratty students on for experience, found one you liked the look of (or knew someone at) and put it on your list. They got back to you via your own phone or email (not through the school) and then you told your teachers which one you wanted to do and off you went. Then 2 weeks later you came back.
No one ever really checked up on you at all, and you tried to have as much of a laugh as you could during the process.
Honestly, this "experience" counts towards absolutely nothing at all. Pick somewhere you might think you'll like (I put down Toys R Us on my form) and when you get there have a laugh and a piss about. Trust me, don't take any of it seriously

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by BlackLuster
Strange (not your school, the process).
Edexcel just ran programs for subjects when I was at school; they did my maths one and were very good at it. But the work experience was done pretty much by our own two hands.
You flicked through the huge binder which showed all the companies participating in taking bratty students on for experience, found one you liked the look of (or knew someone at) and put it on your list. They got back to you via your own phone or email (not through the school) and then you told your teachers which one you wanted to do and off you went. Then 2 weeks later you came back.
No one ever really checked up on you at all, and you tried to have as much of a laugh as you could during the process.
Honestly, this "experience" counts towards absolutely nothing at all. Pick somewhere you might think you'll like (I put down Toys R Us on my form) and when you get there have a laugh and a piss about. Trust me, don't take any of it seriously

Ok,thanks