The Line 6 Uber Metal Pedal? Sometimes it seems I am the only human being to own one of these. And no worries if you want to trash the pedal. I like it for what it is. It has 3 different distortion settings, and you can adjust the lows, the highs, the mids, and also a scoop dial, and a level dial and a gain dial.

I don't get to crank my VK 112 that often. Just a bedroom player. WHen I can get any kind of decent volume out of my VK, I use the amps gain, and a TS9 for a boost. I like that better than any Dist pedal, and if I ever gigged, or recorded in a studio, I would not plan on doing so with a dist pedal. BUT

At low volume levels, this pedal give me as much dist as I could ever ask for, it can play any style of metal, any style, because of its ranges of dist. So for bedroom play, I think its a great little pedal. If you are looking for a dist pedal, check this one out. With my VK, and my Epi LP Ultra, I think it sounds really good, and not too digital. But what do I know. lol
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Epi Les Paul Ultra (With SD JB/Jazz pups)
Bugera 120w 333xl 212 combo
Peavey ValveKing 50w 112 combo (Eminence Texas Heat 12" speaker)
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah.
Pointless thread is pointless.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Did I do something wrong? I am new here. lol Why is this thread pointless?
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
I got one a while back thinking the built in noise gate would silence my amp hiss as well, haha. Of course it didn't. Not bad sounding but I really only use my Verbzilla module these days.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by BadAxxe
Did I do something wrong? I am new here. lol Why is this thread pointless?

Because it has no point other than to put an undeserved distortion pedal on a high horse.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
Because it has no point other than to put an undeserved distortion pedal on a high horse.

Nah, that was not my intent, which is why I explained that I liked it for what it is good for, high gain decent sounding distortion when you can't crank your amp. And it wasn't to advertise it. It was to see if anyone out there had opinions on it since I never see it mentioned. That is all. I believe saying I would never gig or studio record with it also showed I was not giving it a shameless plug. Was just an attempt at conversation is all. No alterior motives here.
Gear:
Ibanez Prestige 1421F
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
MXR M108 10 band EQ.
Quote by BadAxxe
Nah, that was not my intent, which is why I explained that I liked it for what it is good for, high gain decent sounding distortion when you can't crank your amp. And it wasn't to advertise it. It was to see if anyone out there had opinions on it since I never see it mentioned. That is all. I believe saying I would never gig or studio record with it also showed I was not giving it a shameless plug. Was just an attempt at conversation is all. No alterior motives here.

Ignore the bad trolls. Your post is fine. This subforum is for posting your opinions on Guitar Gear & Accessories just as it states, as well as asking questions etc. Besides, if you think the pedal sounds great, who cares what anyone else thinks.
Last edited by nonamesleftWTF at Mar 19, 2009,
I tried that pedal, IMO it didnt sound digital if you new how to set it up right, it just sounded weird.

i didnt like it one bit, there where only a few settings that made me feel it was a descent pedal but nothing out of this world.

If i were into metal i would buy the TL-2 from digitech.
Quote by ianae86
I got one a while back thinking the built in noise gate would silence my amp hiss as well, haha. Of course it didn't. Not bad sounding but I really only use my Verbzilla module these days.

Thats because it is a gate not a supressor

And TS I had one for a good while. The best use I have found for it was Pantera Riffage. Its pretty much Dimebag in a box when you put it in Pulverize. It was spot on and great to mess around with.
not a real bad pedal i guess, just not my cup of tea.

you cant do better with 80 bucks i guess.
I second IbanezPsycho, that thing is Pantera in a box. It's also great for intentionally crappy super-scooped distortion that comes in handy pretty often. My friend uses one in a grindcore band of his to great effect

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments