so.. i've heard things about the low B string getting flop on 34 inch basses.

is this because of the lack of tension or something? and would it be fixable by using heavy gauge strings?
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
yes
&
yes, as far as i know.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
It ****ing vibrates at 30Hz.

If the bass had a 108' scale, that's feet, the B string would still flop. It still vibrates at 30Hz. 30 flops a second. That's low.

Tension won't stop the flop. The Dark Lord's F# string is tight, but flops terribly.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
^I believe by flop they usually refer to the width of the flop, not the actual flop itself. to tune a low gauge string, you must be able to make the same vibrations as a bigger string, meaning the string must be more loose, thus, having a wider flop. if someone plays by going straight to where the string is, wider flop=more uncomfortable playing.

if one just whacks away at with reckless abandon, it doesn't matter. I am more reckless, if Tam's string preference is anything to go by, she also is.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Yes, it's due to low tension, and yes, it's fixable with higher gauge strings.

As a side note, it annoys me to no end when people talk about weather or not a 34" has a floppy B-string. It is COMPLETELY dependent on what string is on it. All 34" B-strings have exactly the same scale...there's not really any other variable besides the string's gauge and type.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
Yes, it's due to low tension, and yes, it's fixable with higher gauge strings.

As a side note, it annoys me to no end when people talk about weather or not a 34" has a floppy B-string. It is COMPLETELY dependent on what string is on it. All 34" B-strings have exactly the same scale...there's not really any other variable besides the string's gauge and type.

so the question is...
which strings are the most tense?
EDIT: besides the bigger ones.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
^ Pretty much.

I'd say flats in general have the most tension...heavy-gauge ones feel like steel rods.
Nope, no sig here.