how would you describe studying as a music major in college? Im thinking about maybe going for that
its amazing!

what do you plan on going for/to?

classical, jazz, or modern?
schools like berklee, state schools, private schools??
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
I did it and loved it. To get into an academic program at a university or something, the audition requirements are very demanding. Be prepared for that.

It was a ton of work. One guy I know had a prior degree in engineering, and said that music was every bit as much work and as much challenge.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by victoryaloy
its amazing!

what do you plan on going for/to?

classical, jazz, or modern?
schools like berklee, state schools, private schools??

i'm really not sure, i just think i wanna go study music of some kind
Quote by thewantonman
i'm really not sure, i just think i wanna go study music of some kind

I'm currently studying classical guitar.
I enjoy my music classes but i'm not a huge fan of classical music.
Next week a have an audition at a school that offers contemporary music.
The thing with my current school is that they really push sight reading..
and i dont think its worth 2 hours of my day to practice sightreading pieces i dont even enjoy.
If I dont get into the comtemp. school i'll still enjoy being here because i have learned a lot.

I would suggest that you look into what you want to take up.. classical, jazz, etc.
Practice sight reading because that will be a HUGE plus for your audition.
Start working on the theory and technique behind the style you choose.
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
I love it. It gives you the chance to be exposed to alot of different music and players.
i liked it. and yes sight reading can be huge, and not matter where you go it will be a big part of your study. you can get some tips for guitar sight reading all over the net to get you started if you havent done it much yet.