Alright, I have been looking for a new amp for a while now, with no progress to be made.
So I play hard rock/hair metal and should be under $600.
Any suggestions?
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
Last edited by TheSlashman at Mar 19, 2009,
Location, are you willing to go used, are you gigging? Help me help you.

But it sounds like you want something British voiced.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I am willing to go used and I will probalbly be gigging.
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
What's your closest major city? We can find Craigslist nominations for you.

But my automatic suggestions would be:
Marshall-voiced Traynor (sorry, I can never remember which one it is)
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Vox AC15
Randall RG50TC

All those are new.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
My closest major city is Ft. Myers, Florida (going to the GC their this weekend).

How are Marshall Valvestates? The GC near me has one used for $225.

And how are Traynors? I have never heard one.
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
Also, would i need and OD pedal for the Blackheart???
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
Yeah, and bumping isn't going to get them for you. You're a Marshall fanboy, right? As evidenced by your post in another thread...and by the fact that you want a Valvestate. Get a used JCM800. Or one of the boogera marshall copeez.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Yeah, and bumping isn't going to get them for you. You're a Marshall fanboy, right? As evidenced by your post in another thread...and by the fact that you want a Valvestate. Get a used JCM800. Or one of the boogera marshall copeez.

The 6260?
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
i'd stay away from the valvestate cause you can afford a full tube amp in your price range.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by TheSlashman
The 6260?

I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by TheSlashman
My closest major city is Ft. Myers, Florida (going to the GC their this weekend).

How are Marshall Valvestates? The GC near me has one used for $225.

And how are Traynors? I have never heard one.

The valvestates are some of the better SS practice amps out there if you like a Marshall type of tone but for gigging I would avoid them.

Best bet would be a used JCM800 Combo, Used Laney, Used Triple/Ultra there Crunch channel has a nice 80's hair metal tone to it. Also you can check out the Peavey Windsor as well...
I'll guess I'll start shopping for a JCM 800, and I have been looking for one on ebay recently anyway
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
Last edited by TheSlashman at Mar 19, 2009,
unless two channels is a must, then get the peavey windsor
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.