Hey
Just wanted to know what everyone thought of the road worn series...

Any Good?
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
The one Roadworn Strat I tried was very nice. The worn finish on the neck is something you need to get used to though, but the tone was good. Surprisingly resonant. Naturally, you'd have to try one to see if you like them, but the one I played was great.

And to the folks who'll come in to bawww about the 'relic' look: Go away, it's a great guitar, that's all that matters.
Haven't played one but I think the finishes on those are wack as hell. Doesn't look real at all to me, just kind of looks like they sanded the edges a bit.

Personally I'd rather buy a mint guitar and destroy it myself :P

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

I've read that they are MIM Strats equipped with standard hardware. To me the finish isn't worth the extra $500
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Yeah, you've read it, great. How about trying the guitar?
The neck is completely different from other MIM strats and it sounds better, too.
I actually liked the one I tried, I would rather have a classic but they are good, but when you see 4 or 5 of them lined up together, they look wierd, they are so similar in the way they are done, the artificial nature of it, just looks a bit cheap.
But as a guitar I liked it, is it worth the rrp nope,will it be worth it when they sell them off cheap in like a year,yes I think so
I like the Olypmic White 60s one, it looks awesome. I need to try one sometime.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I tried the tele. It has an insanely curved fretboard radius (staying true to old specs) and a gigantic neck heel. Unless that's normal... i'm not sure because i don't usually play teles. I honestly don't think they're worth the money but that's just me.
Quote by Flux'D
I've read that they are MIM Strats equipped with standard hardware. To me the finish isn't worth the extra $500

Whatever you read that contained that was complete trife. Please try something before forming an opinion against it, I thought the same until I played one.

Now then, frankly they're excellent to play I thought, though the back of the worn neck is something to get used to after the slick feel of my own stratocaster. The tone kicks ass as far as I'm concerned, I compared the 60's strat to a real 1963 strat the local GC has, and while you could tell a difference(though if you can't tell a modern Fender, even a higher-quality one, from a real pre-CBS Fender, you don't deserve to play either, especially the pre-CBS one), the tone was much more accurate than I expected from a MIM. Whatever Fender's doing under the hood, if you really want that classic pre-CBS Fender tone and can't spend the money for a pre-CBS Fender, the Roadworn's are an excellent option if you don't mind a bit of overdone relicing.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
They sound good, but if i want a worn guitar i'll wear it myself

all the same body styles have same wear just different finish, kinda boring....
Glowing review in Guitarist, which I usually find myself agreeing with, so I'm trying to find one to try
Quote by necrosis1193
Whatever you read that contained that was complete trife. Please try something before forming an opinion against it, I thought the same until I played one.

Now then, frankly they're excellent to play I thought, though the back of the worn neck is something to get used to after the slick feel of my own stratocaster. The tone kicks ass as far as I'm concerned, I compared the 60's strat to a real 1963 strat the local GC has, and while you could tell a difference(though if you can't tell a modern Fender, even a higher-quality one, from a real pre-CBS Fender, you don't deserve to play either, especially the pre-CBS one), the tone was much more accurate than I expected from a MIM. Whatever Fender's doing under the hood, if you really want that classic pre-CBS Fender tone and can't spend the money for a pre-CBS Fender, the Roadworn's are an excellent option if you don't mind a bit of overdone relicing.

100% correct.

I was really impressed with them. The tone was fantastic, the pickups sounded great, totally a natural vintage SC tone, the hardware is not that of the MIM standards, it's definately upgraded, better trem block, trem, tuners. The fretwork was just PERFECT on the ones I tried. And to tell you the truth: the neck felt AMAZING. It feel like the type of guitar that you'd been playing for years, your hand just totally fits it. I love them. If I ever get the money, you can bet I'll be getting the olympic white 60's model.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.