Hi,
I'm looking for a guitar that can handle power metal and an amp to play iron maiden stufff for 500$ both. For me, the amp is way more more important for that style of music so i would spend twice in a good amp than in a guitar, be serious about this plz. Keep in mind that it's just for fun use so no gig, no band...just fun.
Any good proposition is welcome.
Last edited by rocker313 at Mar 19, 2009,
Iron man stuff?

Do you mean Black Sabbath?
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by rocker313
Hi,
I'm looking for a guitar that can handle power metal and an amp to play iron man stufff for 500$ both. For me, the amp is way more more important for that style of music so i would spend twice in a good amp than in a guitar, be serious about this plz. Keep in mind that it's just for fun use so no gig, no band...just fun.

Fail, TS, epic ****ing fail.
Hey,
You're right, that the amp is important for the style you want to play, but I'd say 50:50, amp - guitar, would be a good choice.

As an amp I strongly recommend a marshall DFX 50W or 100W, depends on how much you want to spend...
To play just for fun the DFX 30 would be more than enough (It's the amp that I'm using at home and I have to be very gently, when adjusting the volume!!)
You can also get a lot of distortion out of it.

And then I'd choose a cheap ibanez guitar.

I'd guess all together will be around 400-550$. If you want more distortion you should get an extra distortion. F.e "MetalZone" or "Superdistortion" both are made by Boss. but I think there are also cheaper ones.
Bye
Quote by rolandgunner
Hey,
You're right, that the amp is important for the style you want to play, but I'd say 50:50, amp - guitar, would be a good choice.

As an amp I strongly recommend a marshall DFX 50W or 100W, depends on how much you want to spend...
To play just for fun the DFX 30 would be more than enough (It's the amp that I'm using at home and I have to be very gently, when adjusting the volume!!)

I'd guess all together will be around 400-550$. If you want more distortion you should get an extra distortion. F.e "MetalZone" or "Superdistortion" both are made by Boss. but I think there are also cheaper ones.
Bye

I take that back.

ROLAND, you fail even more epically.
Dont listen to Roland [-_-]
I dont know, test out a Roland Cube or Peavey Vypyr, then screw around with some guitars in your price range. Sorry I cant be too helpfull, but $500 isnt much money to spend on an amp AND guitar...
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
I corrected the error in the name of the topic.

Quote by rolandgunner
Hey,

Bye

I'm doubtful about the MG serie coz feedback are really bad about it

About Roland, i heard it and it's not that good IMO
Last edited by rocker313 at Mar 19, 2009,
Get a peavey vypyr, as you just want to play for fun, you can get all different sorts of tones out of it.

Just say away from the Marshall MG's and Line 6 Spiders

Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
I'm going to get laughed at for saying this, but what the hell. Fender Blues Junior. Godly cleans like any Fender tube amp, and, to make the point, granted your ears will bleed at the solo(I am not Adrian Smith sadly), I will record a cover of Run To The Hills(Since the TS said he needed it for IM) if you don't believe me that the little thing can do metal. You just need a good distortion pedal to act as a gainstage. For that I'd recommend, again I'll probably get laughed at for suggesting this brand, but again what the hell, a Danelectro DD-1 Fabtone distortion. $50, but well-worth it IMO. I liked it when I tried it, it doesn't have the usual plastic casings the FAB and mini Danelectros have, and I got one of the Wasabi distortions today, it acts pretty well as a gainstage despite the brand's origins.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Mar 19, 2009,
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Always count on necrosis to come up with the wacky solutions. They usually work, though

Must resist urge to sigquote...ah who am I kidding. This goes in if it doesn't breach the limit.

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']fricking sweet. miss me?

Very much so. Good to have you back Viccy.

Also, which sig do you like better, the new one or the current one?

Good to be back, brother. wait'll pr0gz_nutz gets word that I'm back, he just might cum himself

And the new one kicks ass. Thank bro.
Quote by KiraIBZ
Dont listen to Roland [-_-]
I dont know, test out a Roland Cube or Peavey Vypyr, then screw around with some guitars in your price range. Sorry I cant be too helpfull, but $500 isnt much money to spend on an amp AND guitar...

What are you on? Rolands are amazing
We're talking about the use rolandgunner who posted up there ^^^ it helps to read everything in the post before you post and make a fool of yourself
Quote by im_so_special
What are you on? Rolands are amazing

I find this funny since in the same post you quoted he recommended a Cube.

Quote by necrosis1193
I find this funny since in the same post you quoted he recommended a Cube.

This thread is so much fail, eh?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']This thread is so much fail, eh?

Unless the TS actually manages to grab some useful advice from it. Otherwise yes though.

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Mar 19, 2009,
what a sad occurrence, when a thread has such potential, and yet goes to complete **** >.<

I can't pull the sincerity off, **** it.
Quote by necrosis1193
Unless the TS actually manages to grab some useful advice from it. Otherwise yes though.

Or at least english.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
well, howabout we try useful advice... entertaining thread though

amp:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-30-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482909

Guitar:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-2008-JS30KV-King-V-Electric-Guitar?sku=511563
say what you will about the JS series, but for a beginner guitar, they're really good... pickups are a bit muddy at high gaint tho... mite wanna change them down the line....
Quote by rocker313
Hi,
I'm looking for a guitar that can handle power metal and an amp to play iron maiden stufff for 500$ both. For me, the amp is way more more important for that style of music so i would spend twice in a good amp than in a guitar, be serious about this plz. Keep in mind that it's just for fun use so no gig, no band...just fun.

hahaha
you say it like it's hard to handle, power metal doesnt use alot of distortion, any guitar can handle power metal.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Buy 3 sets of walmart guitar sets and invite your other fail friends to come over
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']don't be a douche, man. offer the kid some actual help.
if you were refering to me, sorry, my computer lagged i said before, try out a cube i have the 30x one and its great. the post must have not been put on.
ಠ_ಠ

Not you. Dawnwalker or whatever.

What you said is true in almost every aspect. Any guitar can be equipped to play power metal.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Not you. Dawnwalker or whatever.

What you said is true in almost every aspect. Any guitar can be equipped to play power metal.
AH my mistake sir.
ಠ_ಠ