im taking a gap year but not sure what to do. any suggestions?

i was thinking either volunteer work in Africa or i drive a moped / scooter / car / whatever i get my hands on all down through USA and see how far i get. always keeping enough money to get home. (im in UK)

cheers
Last edited by rw3cja at Mar 19, 2009,
I'm starting to plan mine at the moment too. I will find the websites I looked at and post them in a little bit.

So far I'm planning on going to Ethiopia for two months to teach english to school children and improve my Aramaic then go to Jamaica for three months to work in a centre that houses ghetto children orphaned by gang violence. For the rest of the year I will be working a couple of days a week and generally doing my own thing.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Mar 19, 2009,
The USA thing could turn out horribly wrong... Play guitar! Form a band, or if you already have one, try to tour or something.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Travel the world!

Though seriously, check out as many places as you can. Your gap year is about freedom and adventure from that tight little cosy pocket called school which shows you the way everywhere. Now you go find out what the world is really like instead of being spoonfed it in lessons.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by Oosh.
The USA thing could turn out horribly wrong... Play guitar! Form a band, or if you already have one, try to tour or something.

well yeah i was thinking something along those lines. but the rest of my band arent taking one / are going to uni so i'd probs have to find another one.

teaching guitar in other countries would be pretty cool.
Last edited by rw3cja at Mar 19, 2009,
Quote by isabiggles
Travel the world!

Though seriously, check out as many places as you can. Your gap year is about freedom and adventure from that tight little cosy pocket called school which shows you the way everywhere. Now you go find out what the world is really like instead of being spoonfed it in lessons.

and THANK YOU. someone else who thinks like i do.

only live once.