So I might be seeing him and his band open for dinosaur jr next month. Ive never heard any of his work(other than the new stooges album), but I hear his name a lot and everybody praises him.

So, any suggestions on songs/albums to listen to?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Just get Double Nickels on The Dime
Does he play any Minutemen stuff live? I thought it would just be his solo stuff.

But yeah, get Double Nickels on the Dime
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Mike Watt is amazing. Where are you seeing him? Cause I like Dinosaur Jr. a lot as well.
Quote by prplhazed
Mike Watt is amazing. Where are you seeing him? Cause I like Dinosaur Jr. a lot as well.

the national in richmond on april 30th, it was orignally at toads place but since that got shut down its now at the national. I think it says the band opening is Mike Watt and the Missingmen for anyone wondering.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Doolittle
Matt Freeman is way better than Mike Watt's ****. He's lame

thank you, that was very helpful
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Doolittle

Aren't the Minutemen one of your favorite bands?
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Watt has done a million things on his own, and many of them don't really resemble the Minutemen's music. I would suggest that you go, because I bet he put's on a good show no matter what kind of music his current project is creating at the time. And you should also check out Double Nickles... as previously suggested.
Quote by Doolittle

AW MAX, YOU MOTHERFUCKER!
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
the national in richmond on april 30th, it was orignally at toads place but since that got shut down its now at the national. I think it says the band opening is Mike Watt and the Missingmen for anyone wondering.

Thanks. Little far for me, but maybe i can work it out.

I haven't heard the missingmen, but I've listened to some of Tugboat or whatever his first solo album is called. It has some good songs.
Quote by opivy21
Watt has done a million things on his own, and many of them don't really resemble the Minutemen's music. I would suggest that you go, because I bet he put's on a good show no matter what kind of music his current project is creating at the time. And you should also check out Double Nickles... as previously suggested.

I forgot that.....when I saw him with the Stooges he was really active on stage and you saw that it was great fun for him to play (ok maybe he´s just good at acting as if). Furthermore I think he plays with his fingers, but really fast, that´san attraction either.

Quote by Adarsh
Too bad I live in a place where the most "underground" band to visit was Coldplay.

Quote by prplhazed
Thanks. Little far for me, but maybe i can work it out.

I haven't heard the missingmen, but I've listened to some of Tugboat or whatever his first solo album is called. It has some good songs.

if you do go pm me, im still not 100% sure myself, it just depends on if my dad can get off.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I have 'Ball-Hog or Tugboat?' by Watt. It's okay, but not something I'd want to listen much. Now the Minutemen...that's different story. For that alone I would see anything Watt related. Plus he's just an all round bad ass in so many ways.
Mike watt is awesome. I can't remember which one of his projects the missingmen is though :P
Quote by RockThe40oz
Mike What?

That sounds like a job for your mother.

i c what you did there. Of course I meant it depends if he can get off work. I dont mind my dad taking me to shows. Never again though will I go to a show with my mom. My first show (which was smile empty soul and puddle of mudd about 5 or 6 years ago at the norva) some mexican guy walked by us who smelled like weed(this guy looked like the type who would stab somebody, he didnt seem like a nice guy), so my mom yells out, I smell weed. The guy turns around and just starts staring at me and my mom. My brother told her to shut the hell up before she got us killed.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by werty22
It's funny how no one seemed to realize Doolittle was being sarcastic.

i figured that he might have been a little while after i posted my response to it, but sarcasm isn't as easy to get over the internet compared to a face to face conversation.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^