Hi everyone,

I find these three amps very similar... Anyone knows the main differences beetween them ?

I want something quite versatile to play everything from jazz/blues to 80's hair metal with nice cleans too...
Which one suits that the most ?

(PS : I'm also hesitating beetween a traynor ycv50...)
Last edited by slappyx at Mar 19, 2009,
I wouldn't recommend a Mesa for blues or hair metal, you probably want a Marshall or something British-voiced.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
The Mesa (the Express at least, being the only one I've tried) is incredibly versatile but it's got a modern American voicing which won't work fantastically for hair metal. Try one though, because it's definitely very versatile and has great tone. Who knows, it might be perfect.

I concur with the above poster, a Marshall would probably fit the bill better.
The mo-effin Traynor is much better. None of those Mesas are particularly hairy, but the F and the DC are very versatile. I'd say a JCM800.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
The most Marshall-like Mesa is the Stilleto, I believe, although I could be wrong about this. If you're dead set on having that fluid, smooth Mesa distortion at your disposal, but with a hair metal voicing then that's probably a good choice.