Right, basically I really need a new guitar. I currently only have my Squier Strat, sold my Jackson for some reason, I don't actually know why.

But basically, I'm looking for something under £400, but I'm willing to stretch to around £450 if I really have to go there.

I'm looking for something that, when played clean, has a warm tone ideal for blues and such, as I really enjoy playing these styles on my own.

But then I would also like it to growl like a bitch when fed a bit of distortion for rock/metal when playing with my friends.

I'm not overly fussed about the looks of the guitar, aslong as its not too exotic such as BC Rich or Dean's.

Thanks for your time
"If you notice this notice, you'll notice this notice is not worth noticing!" - Ambrosius
Quote by Pendran
Right, basically I really need a new guitar. I currently only have my Squier Strat, sold my Jackson for some reason, I don't actually know why.

there's your mistake... you shouldn't have done that
Depends on what jackso you got rid of.

Anyway, you could get a better strat with humbuckers and coil split.
there's your mistake... you shouldn't have done that

Yup - result of too much JD, but now I kinda need to get of the situation.

http://www.indieguitars.com/

Might want to consider one of these.

What's the sound like? They don't have any previews, well.... I can't find any.

Thanks though
"If you notice this notice, you'll notice this notice is not worth noticing!" - Ambrosius
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Have you thought about getting a fender tele? might fit your sound.

+1
look at the Fender Tele FMT HH its a good quality guitar and does all the types of music you want to play
(http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Fender-Custom-Telecaster-FMT-HH,-Carved-Flame-Maple-Top~ID~2697.asp)
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter 30th Anniversary PT
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
You're paying in GBP I see, which logically means you're in the UK.
For UK'ers, I always recommend Washburn's for mid to low end guitars. The price of a Washburn is the currency converted from dollars to pounds, instead of just a sign changing.
Example:
Washburn X50Pro in States, I believe $600-700. Here in the UK, £350. Other guitars worth $700 in States will most likely be £700.
I'd recommend an Idol series, either a WI66 or WI67.
If you can, get the 67. http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/wi67-pro/67539 Its a bit more, but its semi-hollow meaning you'd have a more legitimate blues and jazz tone. Though it probably wouldn't suit you for metal. The WI66 is probably a hundred or so pounds cheaper, but not semi-hollow. Both come with Seymour Duncan '59 and Custom Custom I believe.
That's what I'd recommend atleast.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
isnt LP's made exactly for this?
Quote by Lars
Hey guys. What is this new amp we got today? it says M... Ma... Mars something. Marshall!!!
i think it says MG here on a little note too
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz