Page 1 of 2
is it just me, or does this look like it's 1. a pretty lame story for a pixar movie, 2. kinda like madagascar in style?
No, Pixar never fails me... except with Cars. That had one good line in it, though.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Is that another crappy animated movie made to steal the money of silly little children, their parents and teenage girls?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
it will be a disappointment compared to the genius that was Wall-e, but they haven't failed yet, and i'm sure they won't this time!
Quote by FinderofNemo
He did what in his cup?

This.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I've wanted to see up so much since watching the trailer when my mum and sister took me to see Bolt on my 21st

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by fender_696
it will be a disappointment compared to the genius that was Wall-e, but they haven't failed yet, and i'm sure they won't this time!

this, when I saw the Trailer for movies like Toy Story, The Incredibles and Wall-e, I was like "DUDE this **** is the real deal, I have GOT to see these movies", but (like Cars), Up! seems kinda meh.

no doubt it will be better than anything Disney has made in the last 10 years, though.
Quote by floppypick
Is that another crappy animated movie made to steal the money of silly little children, their parents and teenage girls?

Have you ever seen a Pixar movie? They're fantastic.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
except for Wall-E, Pixar has managed to pump out nothing but garbage for the past 4 years
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Don't laugh... it was in F*CKING 3-MUTHAF*CKIN'-D

I needed to watch a decent 3D film after watching that godawful My Bloody Valentine.

Why not just rent Spy Kids 3?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Quote by StewieSwan
except for Wall-E, Pixar has managed to pump out nothing but garbage for the past 4 years

so that makes, what, Ratatouille?
Quote by StewieSwan

Wall-E is a bad film. I hated it.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I saw the other two spy kids films. Confidence was not instilled in me for the 3-D one. And Bolt was the sh*t! It's not like mum made me pay for it on my birthday

Fair enough. I bought a ticket to Bolt the other day. I ended up going to see Watchmen, but still.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by CTFOD
Wall-E is a bad film. I hated it.

the first half was awesome, brutally awesome, but I agree that as soon as the über-fat humans came up it got really stale really quickly.

but the animation was godly, you cannot deny that.
The worst Pixar has ever done was "decent" with Cars. When I first saw the teasers for Wall-E, I didn't have much hope, but it turned out fantastically. I'm sure that Up will be at least "pretty good."
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Quote by CoreysMonster
the first half was awesome, brutally awesome, but I agree that as soon as the über-fat humans came up it got really stale really quickly.

but the animation was godly, you cannot deny that.

I agree, the animation was very good. But it just seemed like the guys at Disney and Pixar thought "Hmm, we haven't made a film in a couple of months. How about a film about a robot and his little cockroach friend who have to clean up the world?
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by CTFOD
I agree, the animation was very good. But it just seemed like the guys at Disney and Pixar thought "Hmm, we haven't made a film in a couple of months. How about a film about a toy cowboy and spaceman who befriend mutant toys to get back to the kid whose mom bought them?"

makes just as much sense
Quote by CoreysMonster
makes just as much sense

...Touché, Corey. Touché.

But you see my point. Wall-E seemed, to me, very thrown together.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Last edited by CTFOD at Mar 19, 2009,
Quote by CTFOD
I agree, the animation was very good. But it just seemed like the guys at Disney and Pixar thought "Hmm, we haven't made a film in a couple of months. How about a film about a robot and his little cockroach friend who have to clean up the world?

Actually, they came up with the premise and the basic plot at the same time as Toy Story. There wasn't anything lazily done about it - I guess you just didn't like the movie.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Quote by Quintessence153
Actually, they came up with the premise and the basic plot at the same time as Toy Story. There wasn't anything lazily done about it - I guess you just didn't like the movie.

which is perfectly fine, you know. people tend to get way to dazzled by visuals and effects nowadays, but when you get down to it, the story of Wall-e was executed very poorly, IMO. the ending was boring and with next to no climax, I found, and though the animation was obviously engenious, the story just didn't leave you with that "wow!" emotion, the most exciting part was when wall-e first boarded the ship, but after that it got continuously boring.
Cars was awesome.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by CoreysMonster
which is perfectly fine, you know. people tend to get way to dazzled by visuals and effects nowadays, but when you get down to it, the story of Wall-e was executed very poorly, IMO. the ending was boring and with next to no climax, I found, and though the animation was obviously engenious, the story just didn't leave you with that "wow!" emotion, the most exciting part was when wall-e first boarded the ship, but after that it got continuously boring.

Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by CTFOD

BUT the first half was amazing, and kept me wanting more.

so all in all, I'd still give it a B-

in no way a terrible film.
Quote by CoreysMonster
BUT the first half was amazing, and kept me wanting more.

so all in all, I'd still give it a B-

in no way a terrible film.

Actually on second thought, the beginning was okay. It was kind of interesting, but I think it got stale very quickly.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I saw the other two spy kids films. Confidence was not instilled in me for the 3-D one. And Bolt was the sh*t! It's not like mum made me pay for it on my birthday

Bolt makes me want to get a dog just so I can teach it to 'Superbark'

Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by CTFOD
Actually on second thought, the beginning was okay. It was kind of interesting, but I think it got stale very quickly.

yeah, I know what you mean. they could've done a much better job

I think Pixar (and most other 3D companies) spend way too much time trying to do something extraordinary with their visuals, instead of spending most of their effort on the story. but, then again, I would blame it mainly on Disney, and not on Pixar, because Disney's stories have been terrible since '99.
Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah, I know what you mean. they could've done a much better job

I think Pixar (and most other 3D companies) spend way too much time trying to do something extraordinary with their visuals, instead of spending most of their effort on the story. but, then again, I would blame it mainly on Disney, and not on Pixar, because Disney's stories have been terrible since '99.

All the best Disney stuff was based on old-school tales. Aladdin, Beauty & the Beast, etc.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Page 1 of 2