So on St. Patrick's day, I went to Guitar Center, with the intention of picking up a Carbon Copy. I was testing it out, when something caught my eye. It was a used Earthquaker Devices Hoof Fuzz. I've been hunting around for a fuzz, so I wanted to try this out. I really loved it and it was only 80 bucks. But I already had a fuzz for now I reasoned, so I bought the Carbon Copy.

Well, the Carbon Copy was fantastic. Great delay. But last night, I thought things over. I realized that this was the perfect opportunity to pick that fuzz up at a great price. The Carbon Copy's would stay, the fuzz wouldn't. So of course, today I went to Guitar Center again and returned the delay. I got the Hoof fuzz, three patch cables and $48 in credit.

Not too bad of a deal.

Of course, some pics.

Yum

Ok, so I figure a review is in order here

My first impression was that it was a light pedal. But it seemed pretty sturdy anyway. This is an older version, wihout the mids knob. The knobs all moved smoothly, the jacks were good, as was the switch. I opened it up, very nice job inside, very clean work. Definetly impressive stuff

So the sound.
Well, it's pretty much amazing imo. It's a Russian Muff clone. That doesn't really mean too much to me, but it may to some of you. It isn't really as fuzzy as my Dano, but has a bit of a distortion quality to it. The low end is pretty tight so you can turn the toine knob down and stil get a nice sound. It doesn't really have a ton of fuzz to it but I wasn't really looking for that. It is a bit noisy though. However, overall a very nice fuzz. I prefer to use this on my clean channel, as opposed to the Dano, which I like with some dort behind it.

Clips in my profile of course
Nice. Didn't like The Dano fuzz?
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
No, I stil really like the Dano fuzz, and I plan to keep it. These two have very different charecteristics anyways. I just wanted a really nice, high end fuzz
I call that when you sell.
Congrats on teh new pedal, Felix! The clip just keeps reminding me of like an old Led Zeppelin sound. Very live sound to it. I'd like to find one here to try, because it sounds like it has promise. I think you did the smart thing, too. You have to seize the deals ("Carpe Deals") when they come by. That delay will be there when you get a bit more cash.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Well, my love of the Russian Big Muff is well documented, so while I still think you should have gotten the Blender it's a helluva pedal if it's a clone.

BTW, you should see if you can have the Dreamer mod done to it - it really adds some sustain to my Muff and makes the fuzz a lot thicker also, and since you have the Cool Cat for the tinnier, nasty fuzz you might like to have something that's a bit richer and fuller in tone.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Sweeeeeeeeet, I love this pedal!

Congrats!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
sweet i buy stuff based on that same logic too, if it's going to be away tomorrow, sometimes you just have to rearrange the order in which you buy stuff...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sounds reminiscent of my green muff, nice find. I have been through the same type of situation multiple times, sometimes the deal is too good to pass up even if its not something that is needed
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by riffhog
Congrats on teh new pedal, Felix! The clip just keeps reminding me of like an old Led Zeppelin sound. Very live sound to it. I'd like to find one here to try, because it sounds like it has promise. I think you did the smart thing, too. You have to seize the deals ("Carpe Deals") when they come by. That delay will be there when you get a bit more cash.

We could do what Kevin did and even trade for a bit. I'm sure you have something I'd like to try
Happy NPD!

The clips sound pretty good! I see you saying that it's, in some aspects, better than the Dano... how would you compare the two?

I agree, though, Dano isn't too great on the clean channel. Although, with an OD behind it, and some break-up, it's arbitrarily better. Sounds great on lead channel, though!
Quote by dudey5691
Happy NPD!

The clips sound pretty good! I see you saying that it's, in some aspects, better than the Dano... how would you compare the two?

I agree, though, Dano isn't too great on the clean channel. Although, with an OD behind it, and some break-up, it's arbitrarily better. Sounds great on lead channel, though!

Thanks man.
I kinda went over it in the first post, but the Dano is a bit looser sounding, and it has a little fuzzier sound. I've mostly been using the Dano on my drive channel for leads, and the HF on clean for rythym stuff. This is on my C30 though.