So i got a cheap fender Squire but i plan on getting either the mick thomson ibanez mtm1 or the alexi laiho esp. Im just learning but i want to get a quality guitar because i will be starting a band soon with my brother. I am into metal bands like Tool to slipknot to slayer to children of bodom and anything in between. so are orange amps good. i am mainly looking at them cause jim root my favorite guitarist, uses them.

any suggestions are good too
Yeah they are good, the more expensive versions can be used for metal easily. But not the tiny terror without some work. What's your budget? They're expensive.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
You'll end up paying a **** load. Check out Peavey and B52. I don't do much with metal amps but there are plenty on here who do.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Well, in the US, European amps are a bit pricey - I suggest looking at Peavey 6505 amps (there'll be a combo soon I hear) or used Mesa Boogies (Mark III, Mark IV, Rectifiers).
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
I don't really think of metal when I think of Orange amps. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they're only mid-gain amps.

Pretty much, thunderverb is the only real high-gain amp. And to be honest, if you wanting to play metal, id be looking at other brands, diezel, engl and other more obvious metal amps.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
ENGL fireball or powerball if you want a good metal amp....
Mes recto's, Mk IV
Peavy 6505/5150