First off, I would like to apologize for the delayed entry but this month has been crazy and involved everything from me moving out to my parents both being in the hospital. With that said, I give you the March 09 UROTM. I'll start with my bass

Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz bass.
This is a bass thats gotten a lot of buzz around the bass playing world. I must say theres a reason for it. This is my first and only bass. I went into the store to buy it expecting to pay around 900 bucks. I picked it up because the colour and maple fretboard caught my eye. I instantly fell in love with it. Mines been modded (as you may be able to tell by the picture) with a seymour duncan basslines quarter pounder pickup in the bridge. I play in a 3 piece punk band so that pickup gives it such good aggression and punch.It's in the process of being moded with a p-bass neck pickup but right now i get all the tone I need from just the bridge and my Roto's. Now onto my Rack

My Rack

In order, the rack goes as follows:

-Audio Technica Wireless System
I barely ever use this. It's not even rackmountable, i just sorta screwed it in anyways. As far as wirelesses go, it's not bad but it's more trouble than its worth. I'll probably sell it at some point

Mesa Boogie Fathom Head
This head is a monster. I love everything about it. I originally got turned on to Mesa while I played guitar in another band through highschool after buying a single rectifier guitar head. I knew Mesa made quality stuff so I checked them out when I was looking at bass gear. This head is your typical tube preamp, Mosfet power amp. 600 watts which is stupidly loud. I constantly overpower the guitar and my volumes bassically kept at the lowest volume possible before you can't hear it. I went to this from an SWR bass 350 and allthough the SWR was a good amp, this one put it to shame in every way. This amp punches like no other. Allthough I love the ampeg tone (almost bought an SVT 4 over this) I liked having something a little different. It's got you basic controls but instead of having a whole graphic EQ, a knob with common graphic EQ settings (ranging from scooped mids to boosted mids and everything in between) is used in it's placed. Push-pull volume and DI knobs as well. Just a cool looking and especially cool sounding amp.

BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
I honestly just got this and havn't used it. I got it the day after recording and our ban'd drummer broke his hand so I've been practicing on a little tiny amp a friend's let me borrow. I hear there awesome though!

Furman Power Conditioner
We all know what theses do. And they do it great. The pretty little lights that come out are a nice touch too.

Fender RT-100 Rack Tuner (soon to come)
Just bought it on Ebay. I expect great things. On to my Cabinets!

Cabinets

I'll start with the First cabinet I ever bought.

Fender Bassman 410
I got this cabinet used for like 200 bucks. It was my first one and I figured it wouldn't be long before I replaced it. I don't think I'll get rid of it anytime soon though. At first I felt it wasn't loud enough. It's a 300 watt cabinet (I'm running it at it's peak wattage of 600 watts) so at first I was unimpressed at the level of volume I was getting out of it. Now that i run it with my other cab, It's perfect. Plus since it was so cheap, I did a little artwork on it in honour of my band, The Rowley Estate. It's a petty simple cab, four 10 inch Eminence speakers and a horn with adjustable volume. It's nice, simple, and punk rock.

Mesa Powerhouse 212
I knew when I bought a 410 I would want something with a lower end. I know a lot of people love 15 inch speakers but I really don't. With my amp set up the way it is, 15's always just sounded too weird. Either too muddy or way too trebly, none of that nice punchy midrange. I started looking into 12 inch speakers and my music store had this one. As I said before, I'm already a huge fan of Mesa Boogie so I tried it out. Mixed with my 410, it's a dream tone for me. Plus it's built like a tank. It has some cool settings o the back that can make it lean to the trebblier side or the bassier side. I keep it in the middle. Other than that it's pretty basic. Two 12 inch speakers and an adjustable horn. And on a side note, The casters roll like a BMW. I feel like I'm driving The popemobile or something which is a nice change from my fender cab's rusted little squeeky wheels.

My band just got done in the studio so if you want to get an example of my bass tone check out the song "Snitches get Stitches" on my Profile. I have a cool "Bass solo" riffy thing in the intro of that song. If you want to know more about my band, check us out on myspace at www.myspace.com/therowleyestate. Thanks!
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
Last edited by Fender_punk at Mar 21, 2009,
Sweet rig my friend,checkin out your band soon as Ive posted this...expecting killer tone...

EDIT: Was good!! Nice tone, nice intro especially, cool song
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Last edited by skippy_moogoose at Mar 19, 2009,
Thank you, my friend! I'm loading up another song with some cool little parts in it right now. Notthing overly complicated, just fun

EDIT: oops, I don't have the song on my computer. Sorry guys!
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410

Last edited by Fender_punk at Mar 19, 2009,
Ditto on what Moog said.

Edit: That picture of the entire setup looks really intimidating. I'd wet myself every time I plug in.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Last edited by fleajr_1412 at Mar 19, 2009,
haha man, It's a monster. I almost feel like a douchebag having an amp that big, but I'm not a douchebag so I guess it's all good. Our drummer says when it's all plugged in and lit up, it looks like some crazy robot.
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410

Last edited by Fender_punk at Mar 21, 2009,
i don't envy you lugging that monster rig back and fore to gigs but seriously i love it, it's clear that you've thought it out instead of just buying stuff on an impulse
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Hey bro, but rig is nothing unless there are songs to hear and video to see It's like wearing Ferrari apparel without having a ferrari)))))))))

POST SOME SONGS, better yet, VIDS!

Other than that - nice stuff, tho I don't like Mesas, and I can't understand the reason for swapping that J pickup. I'd get a P bass.
Quote by Bassilo
Hey bro, but rig is nothing unless there are songs to hear and video to see It's like wearing Ferrari apparel without having a ferrari)))))))))

Other than that - nice stuff, tho I don't like Mesas, and I can't understand the reason for swapping that J pickup. I'd get a P bass.

maybe he wants the feel of his jazz but the tone of a P bass
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Nice rig, I love the artwork on the cab
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Bassilo

Pretty much like skaterdan says, I like mixing the sound of p and jazz sounds. Also, I like the look and feel of jazz basses more than p's.

I actually have a video of me laying down bass in the studio but it's not done yet There is a song on my profile though, sir.
I like, how dirty can the mesa go. Im starting building a rack, so bits and bobs. No compressor, its the first thing im goin to get.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by ScottB.
Nice rig, I love the artwork on the cab

+1
and the soundclip sounds nice. Saddly my rack full of gear is currently being used as a speaker stand. I can't get the levels worked out quite right with my current rig without losing too much volume.
Quote by Fender_punk

Furman Power Conditioner
We all know what theses do. And they do it great. The pretty little lights that come out are a nice touch too.

I dont know what they do to be honest

Make sure you tell us about the BBE when you get to use it too
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
I dont know what they do to be honest

Make sure you tell us about the BBE when you get to use it too

it gives your hair a gorgeous flake free shine, duh.

diggin the Mesa and Squier, a pretty decent setup.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
It basically gives regualted power to each unit in his rack, their wont be power surges, or similiar to damagew anything. The only con ive heard is npow and again they cut a bit oif power making you units struggle to work.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Nice setup. Let me know what you think about the BBE, I really like my Opto Stomp, which is based on their rack equipment.
Loving the Mesa's there
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
Quote by fatgoogle
I like, how dirty can the mesa go. Im starting building a rack, so bits and bobs. No compressor, its the first thing im goin to get.

If you mean overdrive, I'd get a pedal but I get a real nice hardcore tone from this setup (think madball kind of ****)

Quote by anarkee
Nice setup. Let me know what you think about the BBE, I really like my Opto Stomp, which is based on their rack equipment.

Thanks! as soon as we get back into the swing of things I'll try er out.

Quote by Bassilo
Songs + vids! The one on your profile sounds utterly electronic (like a loop from Cubase or something) (((

Well, I guess you don't like my bass tone then. haha. No vids yet, sorry bro.
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410

Last edited by Fender_punk at Mar 25, 2009,