Urgent! Crit my music tech project (brown sugar) quick! It's in tomorrow, 9am sharp!

If anyone can quickly give me some feedback that'd be ****ing ace!

Forgot about my music tech project until tonight (it's in early tomorrow) so quickly cobbled this cover of brown sugar together. The vocal take is horrible, but the whole song was a one take per part job!

It's on my profile!
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
It's sounding good mate, I'd be proud of it As you said, the vocals aren't perfect, but apart from that everything's pretty damn good.
Last edited by DimebagRob at Mar 19, 2009,
Bring out the vocals more! I think that fact that it was rushed (by your description) makes the song sound more like the original. It sounds Mint!
agreed that this is good (especially for one takes)
agreed that the vocals need to be brought up a bit.
tone is good
cleanly played

the end (last two-three seconds) goes a bit spacy? idk. its kinda a weird fade out.

You should do fine.
-Ryan
A good start, given that it's a quickie.

I like the guitar tone in the left speaker. Very organic sounding - certainly appropriate for this song. Overall, the performances are nice and tight.

A couple of quibbles:
-drums - don't really cut through.... dunno if they're just not loud enough, but they lack punch. I want that snare to crack through more especially. Overall effect is that the guitars dominate the mix. Maybe bringing them down a smidge would help everything else?
-some sloppy notes on the guitar in the left speaker.
-I'm hearing some noise, or maybe just too much 'air' in that same guitar. Using a combination of a close mic and a room mic? Maybe shift the balance a bit more towards the close mic. Use verb if you need to in order to recreate some of that space.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Thanks a lot for the tips guys. I'l tweak it on the tube. Not ideal mixing circumstances, but at least I have some shure noise isolating cans!
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Tweaked a few bits and pieces and got a distinction! Cheers again guys.
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)