Page 1 of 2
By High school I mean the 15-18 area of life. I hardly do **** - unless I have a big assignment I spend around half an hour max. on homework, but I've got alright grades, only ruined by some subjects that I ignore. But I keep hearing 2 hours a day thrown around. What am I doing wrong?
Almost nothing. Got by fine. Never been good at studying. Although can't say I've had bad grades by no means. Pretty good actually but meeh. The swedish school is a joke to get by.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Mar 19, 2009,
I didn't do anything the last 3 years. I sometimes went to class and just sat there or took a nap if it was a long class. But sure, my grades were shiet. Last year I failed all subjects but 4.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Im failing maths, pretty good on the rest.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

TS you're situation sounds fine. I was the same exact way. I got thru A Chem and Physics with A's and am almost acing my math course this year.

You should be fine, but watch that your motivation doesn't drop too low.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
i never study. EVER
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
I didn't do anywhere near enough work at school. I was predicted straight A*s in GCSE, ended up with A*A*AAABBBBBC; predicted AABBB at A level, ended up with BCCCD.

I just didn't know what I wanted or what I needed to do to get it, so I just fucked around and got shit-all for it. I'm working really hard in college now though, got my place at university, I reckon everything's back on track.

Just do your best, man. Don't listen to what people tell you you're 'supposed' to do, just make what you can out of it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I'm the guy who just gets it the first time through. and sleeps during class

so i don't study AT ALL.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Im at university and I don't study enough. At high school I did no work though, not even homework. I got a perfect score in the test they gave us in year 7 so the teachers just assumed I knew everything.
i never study, and i have a 95 average. seriously. all AP/HONORS programs and the highest math possible. i just dont do it.
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
I never study. School's just a way of control. And no I'm not a hippie.
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Some guy in a striped sweater stole all my hamburgers. **** was soooo not cash
I do most of my homework and never study. I have around a 3.0 gpa, I'm starting to try harder now though. The reality is college is actually going to be here soon and I need better grades.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I acheived 2 A*s and 10 As at GCSE level doing jack **** apart from coursework for 5 years! But I guess that's just because I'm a semi-genius!
Quote by centorium

i love green day,sure they're mostly power cords but for begginer,good they are
Quote by PlayMadness
Spent too much time in the talk like Yoda thread, you have.

Quote by rabidguitarist
I didn't do anywhere near enough work at school. I was predicted straight A*s in GCSE, ended up with A*A*AAABBBBBC; predicted AABBB at A level, ended up with BCCCD.

I just didn't know what I wanted or what I needed to do to get it, so I just fucked around and got shit-all for it. I'm working really hard in college now though, got my place at university, I reckon everything's back on track.

Just do your best, man. Don't listen to what people tell you you're 'supposed' to do, just make what you can out of it.

You did 5 A levels? Thats hilarious, I did 2 and got C and E but got into uni anyway so I didn't have to go to college after sixth form haha. But seriously I've never revised once in my life. GCSE I got AAABBBBBCCCD and as I said A level CE
Didn't study much, never did my homework. Still got good grades, but would have maybe gotten better ones if I had not been so damn lazy.
i barely do any work, i havn't done work (literally) in my ICT class for over a year & i seem to be getting a pass
my science teacher is a joke, he gets half way through a sentence & f*cks off! (literally, half the time!)
i was in top set maths & couldn't do a thing, got moved in to second set maths & we do the same stuff as top (don't really understand why they're different sets) & now im doing well!

besides, i have my life planned out... get outta school - binman - death
Every piece of homework was done the night before or not at all, I only revised once in my time at school. ANd that was for one hour, for my chemistry higher. Which i then just made patterns on the multiple choice question then slept for two hours. (i failed, obv)

Got good grrades for everything else.

though really paying for it now though in uni, i don't have a work ethic at all so getting down to the studying i need to do is pretty tough some times.

EDIT: I don't understand the desire to want to coast through life, don't you want to push your self... maybe a learn a little? lol (not directed at TS)
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I don't really study at all, just do the homework 80% of the time (which takes an hour at most) and I get along fine. I'm failing math but pretty much all 20% of my missing homework is math; and I might honestly have my worst math teacher so far in my 7 years of having a teacher who taught only math.
I barely studied and was in the top 15% of my class. If I put in the amount of studying I do now for college into high school, I could've easily been valedictorian.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Well, unless you're playing guitar by thrashing your dick around the strings I see no application of guitar technique to sex.

My band, Two Days In February
I'm really **** at motivating myself to revise and study.. but I need to do it for AS.. cos I was dissapointed with GCSEs were I could have got straight A's with revision.. ffs man!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Yeah, I'm one of those people who understand things straight off and never really study... well, until this year anyway cos Australia's system of doing things is so fucked up in schools.

Actually I'm at school studying for a massive English outcome right now
Last edited by amaranth_todd at Mar 19, 2009,
Quote by amaranth_todd
Actually I'm at school studying for a massive English outcome now

That's weird man, because to the observer, it would appear that you're actually just posting on the pit.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I have never studied.
Taken mostly advanced/honors/AP classes.
I have a 3.2 and I got a 31 on my ACT.
College here I come.
The public school system in a my beloved country is a joke
I want Super Saiyan abilities
first time i ever studied was college
high school for the most part there was no need to study i got all a's and b's
I only ever studied for my finals, in senior year.
Ibanez SR505

EBS MultiComp
BOSS GEB-7

Ampeg SVT 4-Pro
Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by rabidguitarist
That's weird man, because to the observer, it would appear that you're actually just posting on the pit.

Actually, im taking a much-needed break atm
It is almost 3/4 of the way through my freshman year at high school and I have studied what, maybe 5 times? I get A's and B's in all my classes and I do fine.

We might have a big test coming up and I will blow off studying and another kid in my class studied for 4 hours and I do better than them. It's funny.

Just do whatever is right for you, it varies by the type of learner and student you are.

*EDIT*: All honors classes
We haven't done sh*t for the past week. I barely do sh*t ever. I still do very well though. I pay attention and do classwork, I just can't bring myself to do a lot outside of school.

You should see the kids in my honors classes. They're obsessed with success. They don't really care about anything else. Me and a few others really don't give a hit about grades, we just try our best. If it turns out bad, oh well, just have to figure out what went wrong and then move on.

I'm taking AP American History, English, and I might do Bio but I don't know how well I'd do with my work ethic.

EDIT: I think the best thing is to actually be genuinely interested in the subject and learning. Don't pay too much mind to the grade. I personally look over grades very quickly and hate it when everyone pounces on you with the "What'd you get?" crap.
Last edited by thewho65 at Mar 19, 2009,
Quote by amaranth_todd
Actually, im taking a much-needed break atm

...I've got my eye on you.

I'll be back to check on you in 10.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
This is pissing me off I work pretty hard, around 2 hours a night and don't do as well as I'd like. Options are quit or work harder. Work harder it is then.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by rabidguitarist

I was similar for the predicted to what came out at GCSE

but the way I see it, is once you've done that level, got your results, it falls away.. like now you're in Uni, it doesnt really matter what you did at A level, as long as you do well at Uni.. but I really want to get into a decent Uni, so I'll have to work my arse off for exams in about two months.. but I've been saying that for the last month..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I don't do my homework, neither do I pay attention in class... most of my grades are As and Bs
ive never did 2 hours work in school

but now im on a music course at college n i still hav ****loads of work

i think if its not hard u tend 2 try less
I don't do **** and I get decent grades. For some odd reason, I was on the Academic Decathlon team too. We're supposed to study for fun, but nobody on the team studies for jack **** and we made it to state two years in a row.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
Page 1 of 2