Anyone else here ever play it? Garrys Mod is a sandbox-like physics "game" that you can basically muck around in. It's pretty fun so far, anyone else like it?

EDIT: As I said, I just got it. Tips would be appreciated
Last edited by Aguamento at Mar 19, 2009,
I only have GMod 9

But it's still freaking amazing
██████████████████████████████
It's Lego for computers, but lego could never make flying cars.
MASSIVE TEXT
I don't have CS: Source, so it doesn't work. Anybody know how to make it work?
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Considering more, more, more and more on buying it now.

HMM.

Is it stand-alone?

EDIT: NVM, read a little more.
Last edited by ctb at Mar 19, 2009,
Oh god, what a great game. Why am i not playing this now?

It actually takes up way to much space for my comppooter. All the props and **** you use + the amazing mods and prop packs added up to like 20gigs i think

Quote by Wiirdo

You have to have at least one game that runs on the source engine. Thats where its props come from. So if you have CSS on ur computer then you'll get the css items. If you have HL2 then you get those props ect..
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Last edited by tremeloud at Mar 19, 2009,
It's filled with 12 year old retards. But it does have its fair share of older, more sensible people.
I found it incredibly fun, but after around 5-7 months, I had built everything I could imagine and got bored of it. then after a few more months I came back to it.
For the price. You can't go wrong.

Also, there are "gamemodes" for it. Such as Roleplaying, capture the flag, Spacebuild. which makes it even more diverse.

Quote by Wiirdo

Other than get a Source Engine based game (Such as Portal, HL2, TF2 ect.) You can't make it work.
if you can't afford/don't want to spend 16 pounds for a source game (which in itself is entertaining as hell, especially HL2) then don't get Gmod.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Last edited by osXtiger at Mar 19, 2009,
Quote by tremeloud
Oh god, what a great game. Why am i not playing this now?

It actually takes up way to much space for my comppooter. All the props and **** you use + the amazing mods and prop packs added up to like 20gigs i think

You have to have at least one game that runs on the source engine. Thats where its props come from. So if you have CSS on ur computer then you'll get the css items. If you have HL2 then you get those props ect..

I have the Orange Box. Which version should I use? Some of them don't work.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Quote by Wiirdo
I have the Orange Box. Which version should I use? Some of them don't work.

Oh IDK its all preference I guess. I just got bored of the standard set peieces pretty fast and then just downloaded the most popular prop set i could find.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
I used to play Garrys Mod between about 05 and 08

Look on the Facepunch forums (google it)

Thats the best place for help.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!