well I want to make my first guitar but I dont wanna make an electric. Can anybody tell me a good book to by on acoustic buildings that will tell me all i need and do you think an acoutic with a humbucker in bridge would sound ok? I want to be able to play all my songs without switching guitars.
Wait wait... an acoustic with a humbucker...

lolwat
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
definitely no. from what i understand you can't put a mic on the bridge of an acoustic, it goes in the soundhole, and you definitely can't go with a humbucker.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Btw dude, there's a reason why most people don't START OUT with acoustics. You should build a basic strat before you attempt ANYTHING as complicated as an acoustic.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
I"d rather not I have a lot of woodworking time in and I know how to do bracings and heat the wood into shape I just need a book that will help me into knowing how the kneck goes in best to make it strongest and just basic stuff that I may not know about guitars. And I figured there was a reason I've never seen an acoustic with pickups that werent inside but I thought it'd be pretty sweet if you could lol

Edit: yeha I forgot to add that I make cabinets and have complete acces to a cabinet shop with pretty much all the word working tools I could ever need and have a high knowledge of making cabinet doors and using the tools so the only part I dont know how to do is make a neck and brace it in correctly
Last edited by devinb132 at Mar 19, 2009,
Oh well if you've built cabinets and what not guitars shouldn't be difficult.

As far as I know, I don't know any books that deal with acoustics. I'm sure they exist but I don't know what they are.

But a neck joint is 9 times out of 10 a dove tail joint. The headstock is scarfed usually. The rest is just bent wood.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel