The american noiseless singles on my strat just don't cut it for me. In my band we play alot of distorted and clean stuff, and I just need more sustain, output, and just a fuller humbucking sound. Im looking to get the following arragement : dimarzio fast track 2 (bridge), dimarzio cruiser (middle) , and a dimarzio chopper (neck). Do you think this will give me what i want - that humbucker full sound. I'm also going to switch the pots to 500k vs. 250. Any suggestions or ideas on this setup? thanx.
500k is right, as far as pups, idk, i havent done dimarzios before, heard good things. if you pm nuthinbuttrubl8 he makes custom pups. i'm ordering one from him asap. you could use 1meg, that'll give you a wide open sound. also, mess around with different cap values.
Personally I would just get a mini jb for the bridge and leave the singles since I like having that nice thick fat tone you get from a strats neck pickup. And no humbucker can really capture the magic that occurs at the middle pickup. But do as you wish.

That does sound like a good setup though.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
I'd try something like this first.

Also, the GFS Lil' Killers sound great. I plug their products way too often but my friend dropped them in his strat and it KILLS. I'd suggest that for the bridge.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
Quote by GeetarMachine
The american noiseless singles on my strat just don't cut it for me. In my band we play alot of distorted and clean stuff, and I just need more sustain, output, and just a fuller humbucking sound. Im looking to get the following arragement : dimarzio fast track 2 (bridge), dimarzio cruiser (middle) , and a dimarzio chopper (neck). Do you think this will give me what i want - that humbucker full sound. I'm also going to switch the pots to 500k vs. 250. Any suggestions or ideas on this setup? thanx.

Wire your pickups for series.

QUESTION! Why do normal tone controls act like volume pots when pickups are in series?
I say 2 Duncan Hot rails and a cool rails or a lil 59 in the neck. Or go for EMG single coils if you want. 500K pots will just increase output and highs i think. Not sure though. Some people recommend 1000 for both humbuckers and SC.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by dz_alias
Wire your pickups for series.

QUESTION! Why do normal tone controls act like volume pots when pickups are in series?

+1 This is the best response to a thread I've seen all day.

I have series wiring on one of my strats and it does just what you want TS.
The tone control still works fine though...
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb