I'm very entertained by some of the absolutely downright awful lyrics that were apparently more acceptable at the time they were written. Songs like "Bring Me My Shotgun" by Lightnin' Hopkins, "32-20 Blues" by Robert Johnson and "Crow Jane" by Skip James.

So what are everybody's favourite horrible blues songs?
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
there's an episode of "the office" where there is an awful blues singer who performs at an auction, all he sings is "Me and the blues, just me and the blues", it was funny
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
crow jane is great. its talking about jim crow laws. im guessing it went over your head.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
When I first starting getting interested in the blues I was kind of shocked at the sexism etc in the old blues. However you have to put them in their time in music history.

In comparison I've heard modern rap lyrics that are a lot worse - sexism, violence, homophobia etc.
I love those tunes, Stevie Ray Vaughan's 'Boot Hill' was pretty messed up. I can't remember the exact lyrics, but I know the basic premise: The singer is telling his wife to grab his gun, and then make arrangements, because he's going to shoot her. I just thought it was the first time I really made out the lyrics, it was definitely one of those "wait... what the ****?" moments.
I can't quite remember the name of the artist (nor the title), but I'm pretty sure he recorded on Sun...

Anyways, he wrote a song about how his woman was cheating on him etc. So he was gonna have to shoot his woman.

Recorded the track, went home, shot his wife, spent the rest of his life in jail...