I'm doing a film project with a group, and i need some film editing software for WINDOWS to edit it. what's the best one to buy?? it doesn't need to be fancy, i just need to have the basics, and it needs to be easy to use.
so what should i get?
Last edited by cook94 at Mar 19, 2009,
Windows Movie Maker works wonders for me. Its free, easy to use, and it comes with windows.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
if you can get it, adobe premier. they do a striped back version thats fairly cheep called adobe premier elements. that stuf is amazing and easy to use and it dominates windows movie maker.
Don't use WMM.

Please, just don't. Anything but that.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Quote by Dr.feelgud
if you can get it, adobe premier. they do a striped back version thats fairly cheep called adobe premier elements. that stuf is amazing and easy to use and it dominates windows movie maker.

Windows Movie Maker dominates you.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Adobe Premier is good.
If you're school has any macs, nothing beats Final Cut.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
What type of computer do you have? Mac's come with a movie editor, ask if anyone in your group has it, my friend does and it works great. Now i did a bit of research for you, Windows Movie Maker is good, but you may also want to look at:

Avid FreeDV

Wax

Zwei-Stein

All of them are free, and are great. I would say Microsoft movie maker and Apple iMovie are the easiest to use though. You could also spend some money on really nice editing software, like:

CyberLink PowerDirector
or...
Adobe Premiere Elements

But it will cost you, and you might as well be saving the money for your next guitar if your not into making videos.
Quote by Aaron0612
Don't use WMM.

Please, just don't. Anything but that.

i have WMM. what's wrong with it?
If you're just looking for something simple like cutting and over dubbing music with simple little effects, WMM will suit you fine. If you want fancyness, you're gonna be spending some money.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
Quote by cook94
i have WMM. what's wrong with it?

every1 that buys a windows computer has it, and thats the problem, its under developed, so doing anyting is crap quality. video capture is terable (ie from a mini dv camera) if you want a decent looking product at the end then use premier, final cut, sony vegas, or avid, u can get free ftials for most of them if its just a 1ce off thing and most of em do buget stripped back versions. but stay from imove and windows movie maker.