I recently bought a Kyser capo for my electric guitar. Currently, it is turned down to Eb standard. However, when I put it on the first fret, it plays 3/4 step up (a really sharp E). What is wrong? Or am I just doing something really stupid?

I am a complete noob to capos. Help me UG.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
You probably put it right in the middle of the fret which bends the string into the fret. You should put the capo right next to the metal fret instead of the middle as shown.

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Just because a daewoo dealership has a tune-up service doesn't mean that the ****ers know what they're doing (no offense to anyone who drives a daewoo. pleas don't torture your little one cylinder engines to mow my lawn and bump into me)
buy a shubb, planet waves capo, or paige capo, all which have tension adjusters. There is too much tension I have found on every kyser I have ever tried. If you want to stay in tune with a capo, buy one that has a tension adjuster, end of story. Hope that helps
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Tune your guitar?
lol
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
shubb +2

with the clamp ones you sometimes pull sharp and need to tune with it on.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011