How the hell do I get this **** off my computer? I opened a link on here yesterday and this **** got in. Basically it won't let me on IE because according to it every site has a virus on it. But when I try to use it to remove the "viruses" it won't let me unless I have the full version but I'm not paying 50 bucks for something that I'm sure has more viruses. I did a full ad-aware and Comodo virus scan and they came up with nothing. How do I get this **** out without deleting all my files. I downloaded google chrome and that's what I'm on right now but this **** keeps popping up all over my screen.

Edit: I searched in "My computer" for it and nothing came up.
Last edited by i_killed_bill at Mar 19, 2009,
Why would you use Internet Explorer in the first place?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Run a different Anti-virus.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
What version of Windows are you running? If its XP, then go to control pannel and add/remove programs(or something similar) and see if you can delete it from there.
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
1) Smash with Hammer. (not the rapping kind)
2) Buy a Mac.

Don't say I never did anything nice for you.

In all reality, download Ad-Aware, it should be able to remove it and make sure download AVG Anti-Virus. They're both free.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Last edited by Gigatiran at Mar 19, 2009,
If you're running a windows, you need to power down. When you power up, press F8 over and over again until a special menu comes up. On that menu select start from last safe location. If that doesn't work then the virus is hiding in your system restore files, and I can't help you. If you have Dell, get them to take over your computer and fix it.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Isn't that thing a virus/malware/spyware?

Sure is.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19096056&postcount=8

Exactly. Whatever you do, ignore any pop ups that come from that program. It's a virus, malware and it will just fuck shit up. Just follow that, it works.

Or install AVG. Don't pay anything that you don't have to.

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/malwarebytes/mbam-setup.exe

Alright, click that, and save it your Desktop, (if it prompts a "insert Fdrive" click cancel"

After that, CLOSE EVERY PROGRAM RUNNING(internet, iTunes, anything). It is essential.

After that, click on the icon that you downloaded before(the MBAM.exe program from the link above on your desktop) and follow the installation program. DO NOT CHANGE ANY DEFAULT SETTINGS.

When you hit the Finish button, a box will come up, hit OK and then another window will appear.

Two boxes will show, Perform Quick Scan and Perform Full Scan.

Check Perform Quick Scan and hit the button Scan.

Now, it's a waiting game. This will take quite awhile, and will slow your computer down, so I'd recommened leaving your computer and checking periodically.

When it is done, a box will show reading "The Scan Completed Succesfully, Click 'show results..." then click OK.

After that, a window will appear with a bunch of files found in your directory. Double check the Vendor and make sure they all say Rogue.ProAntispywa... If they all read like that, hit Select All, then hit Remove Selected. Next, it may ask you to restart, YOU MUST RESTART HERE.

Next, a Notepad file will open showing everything deleted and taken from your computer. You don't need to look at it unless you want to. Simply close it when you're ready. After that, you can exit the MBAM program.

Your computer should be COMPLETELY free of any AntiVirusPlus program that was on your computer.

If not, PM me back and I will help you further.

DO that.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Mar 19, 2009,
Quote by Karvid
Why would you use Internet Explorer in the first place?

This.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
Yay. Okay, I downloaded and used Spybot search and destroy and got back on here and it's gone. I'm still using google chrome though cause I like it.
Sorry to be somewhat off topic, but everyone's saying Switch to Mac. Mac only seem's more secure because it only recently surged to popularity. Today at the PWN2OWN competition someone cracked Safari on a Mac to take complete remote control over the macbook in 10 seconds. People are developing malware and viruses for the Mac. When they get unleashed, it will be everyone saying "lol why don't you use windows"
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.