On the floor?

On top of your amp?

On a sturdy sheet music stand?

On a special stand (or rack) of some sort that you've rigged?

I am using a GT-10 and I find that for home practice, I hate having to bend down to reach the pedals to fine tune the thing. It might not be the ideal position to use the expression pedal properly, however it appears to me that having it within your arm's reach seems best. It's going to be sitting on top of my new Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube...

I haven't played with the GT-10 live yet, in this situation I assume it will be laying on the floor.

So, where do you "place" your multi-effects for best results?
EL : Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster - ESP LTD EC-400VF
Amps : Fender DeVille 4x10, Fender Blues Jr, Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube '08
Effects : Digitech RP-500, POD X3, TS9 reissue
AC : Seagull S6, Marshall AS50D amp
Last edited by TubesR2Loud at Mar 19, 2009,
My podxt stays ontop of my guitar amp! inless im recording then its on the floor
While playing with the knobs on my old Digitech 300A, I'd keep it on my lap. Once I was done, I'd keep it on the floor (One factor that came into play was the expression pedal)
On the floor, and all the tweaking is done with the computer software. That's the way you should be doing it.
In my bed. While I sleep.

Is this a real thread?
You put it wherever you need to in order to best suit your needs at any given moment.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Is this a real thread?

Looks like a Chinese knock-off to me.

I've been taking my PodXT Live to rehearsals lately and going directly to the PA just for the sake of convenience. It's always on the floor, I don't see any use for it being anywhere else.
It *IS* a serious question, for those who were wondering...

I think I might build some sort of slanted support that would allow me to park the MFX on top of my Bandit 112.

Thanks...
EL : Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster - ESP LTD EC-400VF
Amps : Fender DeVille 4x10, Fender Blues Jr, Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube '08
Effects : Digitech RP-500, POD X3, TS9 reissue
AC : Seagull S6, Marshall AS50D amp
I've got a Digitech RP250, and just use the X-Edit software I downloaded to edit settings from this computer. So it stays on the floor.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I have a GT-10 too. Once you find your tone, you won't be bending down for anything besides changing the output level or using the tuner (even though you can set the foot switches for that). Tweaking is only for people who are looking for a tone. I found mine. I keep mine on the floor but I realized that I only use very few of the features. I've decided to get a real amp. I'm going to keep it for the effects though.
Quote by fly135
On the floor, and all the tweaking is done with the computer software. That's the way you should be doing it.

My multi-fx wasn't fancy enough to connect to a computer ;(
I don't use my XT Live with the computer most of the time, because Line 6 won't let me install the software on my old desktop that I use for basically everything. Sooo I keep it on the floor, or set it on a stool when I want to tweak it.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!