Ok I really like this amazing girl at college and want to make her a mixtape....

Not really

I have a bunch of electro/house songs done or pretty much done and have a couple of remixes and the idea of making a mixtape style cd with all this material dawned on me.

Whats the best way of doing this? The only though I have is to mixdown all the songs I want to their final form so they show in Cubase as one audio file (per song) and then blend etc. until im happy. Export the lot as one WAV and then use some kind of mp3 splitter to split the songs up (for convienience of listening/ flicking through).

Will all this mixing down take its toll on the quality of the sound?

I dunno is this the most effective way of doing this so I need suggestions pwitty pweease.

Cheers lads.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

There won't be any decrease on the sound, as long as you keep the quality settings high.

If I'm honest, I'm not 100% sure what you're asking....apart from the obvious bit, which I answered.
There is poetry in despair.
I know, Im terrible at explaining things.

M'kay ill have another go...

I have 15 songs done and dusted in WAV format. Should I start a new project in Cubase, import all the songs onto their own tracks. So I hit "play" and song one plays on track one, comes to an end and blends into song 2 on track two etc.

I adjust the levels and get everything sounding how I like blah blah.

Now I have one Cubase project thats, lets say, 60 minutes long (containing the 15 songs). Export that as one humongous WAV file. Then use an mp3 splitting program so I can set where each song starts, yet to listen to it as a whole it will play through as though its uninterrupted.

Any better?
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

I don't know much about cubase, but I'm pretty sure you do it on separate tracks. I don't know if you can quantize (sp?) the beat like in Ableton (which I use) but that's the best way to do it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Yeah, if you want it properly mixed together, like a professional dance cd, I'd probably use Ableton. Makes it a lot easier, as it's designed more for that kind of work.
Quote by Sid McCall
I don't know much about cubase, but I'm pretty sure you do it on separate tracks. I don't know if you can quantize (sp?) the beat like in Ableton (which I use) but that's the best way to do it.

My understanding of quantize (cant spell it either) is having it all be in time. In Cubase you can draw a tempo track so the tempo can be changed as the project is played.

Quote by fridge_raider
Yeah, if you want it properly mixed together, like a professional dance cd, I'd probably use Ableton. Makes it a lot easier, as it's designed more for that kind of work.

Buying new software is completely out of the question. The comp I use as a DAW is pretty old and was given to me by a friend who went the way of the Mac. I dont think it has the minimum specs to run Ableton. Whats on it is pretty much what will ever be on it.

Cheers for the advice!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

If it can run Cubase it can run Ableton, unless you are using an extremely old version of Cubase.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
yeah its only SX3, Im pretty happy though, can get results that I am happy with using this setup. The CPU is the only downfall though, craps out if theres too much going on.

Aside from all that I'm unemployed and broke so...
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Ableton was out when SX3 was out....

Well yeah you can draw a tempo track, if the stuff is MIDI, are you beatmatching it etc?
I dunno anything about Ableton to be honest, just workin with what I got.

no its gonna be 100% audio.

By beatmatching do you just mean seamlessly blending one song to the next? If so then yes.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX